• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,019 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cat-Man_America said:

As many of you know, I no longer post scans of slabbed books that include labels.  But on rare occasions ...such as acquiring a new book with an old label... I'm inclined to make an exception.

This is a mid-grade Cap I'd sold several years ago...

90d262cc-0ae8-4d27-8ebc-a3a59394e4c3_zps

and the recent upgrade: <3

1c1c38e9-c18c-42ed-841b-a58324487d0d_zps

:whatthe: what's the back story here?!?!? And congrats!

20 hours ago, Readcomix said:
22 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

As many of you know, I no longer post scans of slabbed books that include labels.  But on rare occasions ...such as acquiring a new book with an old label... I'm inclined to make an exception.

:whatthe: what's the back story here?!?!? And congrats!

That's epic !! 

5 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Thanks!  :acclaim:  Not sure which back story you're interested in hearing, but the only CGC graded books I've been purchasing are old label.  hm

Cat, maybe I misread. I thought you were saying it was the same copy you used to have, getting an extremely lofty upgrade from 7.0 to 9.2....like maybe there was some kind of outlier error the first time it was graded.

On 9/22/2017 at 1:38 AM, Cat-Man_America said:

Man, I'd have quit at that 7.0 and taken it to heaven with me!

I picked up this copy of Rusty 21 this weekend. I'm usually not a fan of date stamps/store stamps etc, but this copy was such a beauty I made an exception. When I opened it up, a small flyer that goes along with the store stamp slid out. Just curious if others have encountered this. I'll likely slab it and keep the flyer along with it.

IMG_4216.JPG

16 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

I picked up this copy of Rusty 21 this weekend. I'm usually not a fan of date stamps/store stamps etc, but this copy was such a beauty I made an exception. When I opened it up, a small flyer that goes along with the store stamp slid out. Just curious if others have encountered this. I'll likely slab it and keep the flyer along with it.

IMG_4216.JPG

Yes, I've had a couple of books like that. Obviously a premium/giveaway. Probably rare to find the flyer. Keep it with the book.

1 hour ago, Junkdrawer said:

IMG_4216.JPG

Very cool to have the flyer, too.  Amazing that it stayed with the book all these years.

On September 23, 2017 at 7:39 AM, Readcomix said:

Cat, maybe I misread. I thought you were saying it was the same copy you used to have, getting an extremely lofty upgrade from 7.0 to 9.2....like maybe there was some kind of outlier error the first time it was graded.

Naw; sorry for the confusion (that would've been one H-U-G-E grade bump!).  :whatthe:  

I was trying to get across that the mid-grade copy was sold years ago, but with the intention of one day acquiring a better copy.  Well, that day finally arrived! :whee:

8 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Naw; sorry for the confusion (that would've been one H-U-G-E grade bump!).  :whatthe:  

I was trying to get across that the mid-grade copy was sold years ago, but with the intention of one day acquiring a better copy.  Well, that day finally arrived! :whee:

The Cap #62 9.2 was my copy that I sold a few years back, glad it fell into good hands!

10 hours ago, Timely said:

The Cap #62 9.2 was my copy that I sold a few years back, glad it fell into good hands!

Any significance to the pencil notation on the front cover?  Looks like it might read "Eric." Other books known from that collection? hm

12 hours ago, Timely said:

Glad I was in the right place to catch it when it landed. :headbang:

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Any significance to the pencil notation on the front cover?  Looks like it might read "Eric." Other books known from that collection? hm

The only significance I can see is that the royal riser was apparently a popular place for pencil marks. 

Edited by Cat-Man_America

checking in with some recent books that have come in the door from grading.  The Subby #11 Conserved book (conversation includes: staple replaced) was actually an unrestored PGX (gasp!) 4.5 I picked up from the Bay in a no reserve auction for $910.  I knew I was taking a chance on the resto and even though I came out on the wrong side of it I'm ok netting out with a conversed copy because it's such a stunning cover. 

IMG_1820.JPG

Edited by atomised