• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I knew it, I just knew it!  You do have a mummy fetish !

:signfunny:

Alas, there are no Oedipal pants or Freudian undergarments emanating from here.  Nevertheless, there’s a lot of weird stuff going on in the cover of Marvel Mystery #71 that’s well beyond any prurient first blush.  

For instance, the Egyptian with the hypodermic needle just had his brains splattered from behind by the Human Torch.  It takes close examination of the impact area to grasp the full context of the blow, but it’s clearly there, leaving little to the imagination.  

Now I'm studying the hieroglyphs for hidden messages! (:

In fact, while analyzing all the fascinating details it occurred to me that the reason this turned into a higher demand book than early bidding indicated is there’s no price tag on it.  That’s right, it was published without any price on the cover! So, my best guess is the sky’s the limit.  That’s gotta be pretty rare for any GA comic and I’d wager publisher Martin Goodman was none too happy about it. 

Of course, this is just my 2 cents, ...inflation adjusted well beyond 10 cents during the pandemic.

:tink:

Edited by Cat-Man_America
Will buy the unknown underbidder a beer.

33 minutes ago, Badger said:

What a beautiful USA #6. Mine has its problems but i'm happy with it. I like to believe that some kid or collector trimmed the excess paper off the pages and not some greedy scumbag. 

usa_6_cgc_front.thumb.jpg.6c64a7270b3473246b338f31ecbc519d.jpg

the 6 is certainly one of the most brutal of the Cap USA covers :insane: