Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
33 33

21,159 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

That’s an absolute beauty! It looks fabulous now.  (thumbsu

If you decide to get it re-holdered please post both scans here so we can A/B results.  Books in newer CGC holders have been difficult to color scan accurately.

Thanks Cat! It's currently an unrestored 7.5 with off white pages. I imagine it's gonna be around that in a CGC holder. It's in a great section of the run, one of my very favorites. The store stamp makes me happy too, as a long time female friend shares that last name. :banana:

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

And I love the “anti-flame fluid”.   It would have been too easy to just make it say “water”

D3872CC2-9CC5-427A-90FB-625CB18F280C.jpeg

Yeah, although “water” comes across as a bit lame since H2O rarely slows Torch down in his missions. The best choice would’ve probably been the more common term “FIRE EXTINGUISHER” although “LIQUID ASBESTOS” ...used by a villain on a late Marvel Mystery cover... would’ve been clever. As an android, the Human Torch wouldn’t have had any health related issues from asbestos exposure, but as a weapon it always seemed like a cool idea.

:tink:

2 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Yeah, although “water” comes across as a bit lame since H2O rarely slows Torch down in his missions. The best choice would’ve probably been the more common term “FIRE EXTINGUISHER” although “LIQUID ASBESTOS” ...used by a villain on a late Marvel Mystery cover... would’ve been clever. As an android, the Human Torch wouldn’t have had any health related issues from asbestos exposure, but as a weapon it always seemed like a cool idea.

:tink:

I say Schomburg could have skipped Subby's squirt gun and just went muscle/water vs. fire like the Marvel Mystery 9 cover. :x

Edited by Primetime
3 hours ago, Chief1332 said:

Very happy to find my first Young Allies.  Never knew just how large these are until I held it in my hands.

IMG_5434.JPG

Pretty sure that is the toughest book in the run. :applause:

11 hours ago, Primetime said:

I say Schomburg could have skipped Subby's squirt gun and just went muscle/water vs. fire like the Marvel Mystery 9 cover. :x

It's just harder to conceive of a battle book that wouldn't tank in comparison to HT #5...  ;)

0c862f4c-347b-40a1-8cb8-45f96c424903_zpsqlxvpqss.jpg.8043bd91bd9abfed226d225a09b3da7b.jpg

On 6/5/2020 at 10:52 AM, Primetime said:

Agreed.  Namor looks silly using weapons or driving things.

49 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

Agreed.  Namor looks silly using weapons or driving things.

I disagree, man. That Human Torch #5 is just kick <bleep> . :headbang:

Edited by Badger