• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

gross! no mayo

Well the top and bottom bun is a gram. Each bill is a gram so if I put mayo I wont know how much it is :preach: Now if I had some of your good drink I add the mayo and I would not know why.

2 hours ago, woowoo said:

Well the top and bottom bun is a gram. Each bill is a gram so if I put mayo I wont know how much it is :preach: Now if I had some of your good drink I add the mayo and I would not know why.

The idea of putting money between buns took my mind to a slightly different place.  hm

Rather than dwell on whether to hold the mayo, here's another tasty Timely... 

c8ad758f-468f-41e6-89fd-3eee031e1069_zpsahmakge1.jpg.db581d6f7ffd54b6026069fb0e19d04e.jpg

Obviously, Cap prefers fritters to fries.  

:tink:

7 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

The idea of putting money between buns took my mind to a slightly different place.  hm

c8ad758f-468f-41e6-89fd-3eee031e1069_zpsahmakge1.jpg.db581d6f7ffd54b6026069fb0e19d04e.jpg

We all have put money between Buns is that what you are trying to say:whistle:

4 minutes ago, woowoo said:

We all have put money between Buns is that what you are trying to say:whistle:

Well, not exactly, but most folks have a hankering for fast food every now and then.  Of course, if one ascribes to the theory that there’s no such thing as a free lunch then there are lots of options.  But let’s not get into the variety of fast food available, Alas, I’d rather not know who prefers dining at Popeye’s or Long John Silver’s to curbside service from Wendy’s and Chic Filet. 

The challenge in times like these, is keeping one’s head...

99bcb05f-e206-44a0-bbb8-ba15095bc54b_zpsnoa7ilcg.jpg.7b771edd8e11aeaad2ffc5ec7a9b0400.jpg

On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 1:45 AM, Cat-Man_America said:

Nice copy Cat!!!!  :applause:

19 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Well, not exactly, but most folks have a hankering for fast food every now and then.  Of course, if one ascribes to the theory that there’s no such thing as a free lunch then there are lots of options.  But let’s not get into the variety of fast food available, Alas, I’d rather not know who prefers dining at Popeye’s or Long John Silver’s to curbside service from Wendy’s and Chic Filet. 

The challenge in times like these, is keeping one’s head...

99bcb05f-e206-44a0-bbb8-ba15095bc54b_zpsnoa7ilcg.jpg.7b771edd8e11aeaad2ffc5ec7a9b0400.jpg

REALLY like this one too Cat! I'm not sure why you're editing out the CGC label, unless of course it's not a CGC slab, but this book LOOKS nice! 

6 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

REALLY like this one too Cat! I'm not sure why you're editing out the CGC label, unless of course it's not a CGC slab, but this book LOOKS nice! 

Thanks! I don’t post third party graded labels unless there’s a specific need for it.  A more nuanced explanation is in the spoiler....

Spoiler

It’s a complicated story, dating back to my business signature line with sixteen thumbnail size images of graded books that included a couple of non-CGC labels. For context, this signature line had been up for years without complaint.  Then ...in spite of the fact that the tiny grading labels were almost indiscernible... it became a big deal for one of the forum moderators. 

To make matters worse, this was during the period when CGC was transitioning to the aesthetically displeasing billboard label.  Adding my voice to the chorus of criticism over Newton rings, the new holder design (which are difficult to scan accurately) and ugly labels might’ve played a role in the dispute over my signature line images, but that’s purely speculation on my part.

Anyway, as a result of the disagreement I turned my MANNUP Collectibles signature line off permanently.  Since then, with rare exception, I avoid posting labels here as a matter of principle.  Other forums have more flexible rules.  Out of respect for fairness and consistency I only post CGC labels when necessary there and less often than the competitor’s labels.

And there you have it! (thumbsu