• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

22,992 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Thanks! I don’t post third party graded labels unless there’s a specific need for it.  A more nuanced explanation is in the spoiler....

Hide contents

It’s a complicated story, dating back to my business signature line with sixteen thumbnail size images of graded books that included a couple of non-CGC labels. For context, this signature line had been up for years without complaint.  Then ...in spite of the fact that the tiny grading labels were almost indiscernible... it became a big deal for one of the forum moderators. 

To make matters worse, this was during the period when CGC was transitioning to the aesthetically displeasing billboard label.  Adding my voice to the chorus of criticism over Newton rings, the new holder design (which are difficult to scan accurately) and ugly labels might’ve played a role in the dispute over my signature line images, but that’s purely speculation on my part.

Anyway, as a result of the disagreement I turned my MANNUP Collectibles signature line off permanently.  Since then, with rare exception, I avoid posting labels here as a matter of principle.  Other forums have more flexible rules.  Out of respect for fairness and consistency I only post CGC labels when necessary there and less often than the competitor’s labels.

And there you have it! (thumbsu

There we have it indeed. I figured there was a reason, not simply that you photographed or scanned them that way. I actually thought it had something to do with that little sticker you put on them, but now I know the real reason. (thumbsu

Edited by Frisco Larson

I think it was just these 9 Timelys that were selected for the Flashback series. The B&W Torch 5 may not have been part of the series.  I don't think the Jumbo 1, Planet 1 and National 1 were in the Flashback series. The Planet 1 was misleading. Cover was Planet 1 but interior was later Planet stories which was disappointing.

MAGAZINE comic Alan Light Flashbacks camera3.JPG

41 minutes ago, Ameri said:

I think it was just these 9 Timelys that were selected for the Flashback series. The B&W Torch 5 may not have been part of the series.  I don't think the Jumbo 1, Planet 1 and National 1 were in the Flashback series. The Planet 1 was misleading. Cover was Planet 1 but interior was later Planet stories which was disappointing.

that appears correct :acclaim:

3 hours ago, Ameri said:

I had a Silver Streak 6 and an All Star 1 in this format, but they may have come from a different publisher. But they sure look the same.