• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

I haven’t had any luck on the few eBay auctions that just passed on some golden Subbys . It seems every book coming to market is getting scooped up . Some not cheap! Is it me or is demand started to amp up? A few months ago I noticed books lingering around Clink and eBay now they are ghosts???

15 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

I haven’t had any luck on the few eBay auctions that just passed on some golden Subbys . It seems every book coming to market is getting scooped up . Some not cheap! Is it me or is demand started to amp up? A few months ago I noticed books lingering around Clink and eBay now they are ghosts???

Timely is red hot. I'm rapidly getting priced out of the market.

6 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

and may they remain hot at least thru 2020; my usa run and all select 1 & 2 are all in the next cc auction.   scans are up, by the way....

I got my eye on one of them but I ain't saying which one. :$

1 hour ago, Subby1938 said:

Not sure if this question has been asked but if you have a golden age book with tape on it that does not look like old tape , is that considered restoration by CGC?

No, it will be noted that tape is present but the tape, by itself, will not be considered restoration.

I am delighted because I see those examples of comics that I have been chasing for a very long time, because my son is a big fan of Captain America, and we want to collect a complete collection with him.

Who can tell you where you can find this particular issue, it is very necessary for our collection.

History-of-Marvel-Comics-Part-1-Captain-America-first-issue-cover.jpg

Edited by SophieBrown
ask another people

That’s one of the holy grails of comics and most likely would never be sold publicly here . That usually would be sold in auction like heritage or comic link . You do know how valuable this comic is correct? In any condition 

Edited by Subby1938

On 10/2/2020 at 7:11 AM, SophieBrown said:

I am delighted because I see those examples of comics that I have been chasing for a very long time, because my son is a big fan of Captain America, and we want to collect a complete collection with him.

Who can tell you where you can find this particular issue, it is very necessary for our collection.

History-of-Marvel-Comics-Part-1-Captain-America-first-issue-cover.jpg

Sophie, this is not a book which comes up for sale often, especially in higher grades.  It’s not exceedingly rare, as there are quite a few copies in the census and therefor in collections, but the demand has always been high and Cap #1 always sells at a premium (...and I’m talking home mortgage level premium).  As a high grade GA collector this issue of Cap is currently out of my reach too.  FTR, I think there’s a copy either available or coming up for auction in 8.0 ...with a noteworthy color defect or variant anomaly, if you prefer... for 200K (estimated price).  I point this out so that you can gauge the book’s value by your means to acquire it.  With patience, low grade copies do occasionally come up for auction at a fraction of this price, but we’re still talking in the 40 or 50K range.  Hope this info helps. Good luck and good hunting! 

Also, welcome to the boards!

:tink:

Edited by Cat-Man_America