• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,019 posts in this topic

Innocent question here looking for some feedback . I realize that incomplete books are not desirable compared to complete . How do collectors feel about getting cgc 0.5 blue label incomplete if it’s a htf book and has a great cover ? 

It’s getting tough to find WW2 covers for a decent price and if you have a chance at a great cover but it’s a 0.5 do you go for it ? Curious on how people feel about both investment part and the collectability of it . 

thanks 

1 hour ago, Subby1938 said:

Innocent question here looking for some feedback . I realize that incomplete books are not desirable compared to complete . How do collectors feel about getting cgc 0.5 blue label incomplete if it’s a htf book and has a great cover ? 

It’s getting tough to find WW2 covers for a decent price and if you have a chance at a great cover but it’s a 0.5 do you go for it ? Curious on how people feel about both investment part and the collectability of it . 

thanks 

It can be fun to buy incomplete books and look for another copy to marry them with. In terms of investment, I'm not sure how it would fare. I have a couple Timely's and a bunch of other GA books that I periodically try to find marriages for.

280477037_AllWinnersComics17front.thumb.jpg.8f2811accbc50aea68e76fb5ba1ef155.jpg

795920674_Sub-MarinerComics13front.thumb.jpg.6b0298e21acffc67a8af5b9afa5840b9.jpg

36 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

long-promised group-shot, kinda...

the eagle-eyed among you will spot a non-mm; i was going in numerical order when i realized an upgrade was still in the mail to me, leaving a one-book hole.  grabbed a similarly-logoed book to fill it just for the sake of continuity.   it'd be too much work to do it all again later.

mm's.jpeg

Pure insanity! :golfclap:

2 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

the eagle-eyed among you will spot a non-mm; i was going in numerical order when i realized an upgrade was still in the mail to me, leaving a one-book hole.  grabbed a similarly-logoed book to fill it just for the sake of continuity.   it'd be too much work to do it all again later.

mm's.jpeg

That Masters was a bit hard to spot.  Awesome group shot (worship)

11 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

mm's.jpeg

You did that masterfully.  

One thing I noticed when they're all laid out together like that is how Timely alternated (odd/even) yellow and white lettering throughout most of the run starting with issue #5, the exception being those yellow banner issues.

The yellow banner actually threw the system off with #30.  Starting with #31 the lettering started over with white on odd numbers and consistently alternated with yellow until the end of the run.

:tink:

On 6/6/2021 at 9:54 AM, Straw-Man said:

mm's.jpeg

Wow! The amount of time and money to recreate your efforts in completing this run would be astronomical now. Really, really Guinness Book of Records level impressive!:applause: