• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS X-Men #27 CGC 9.4 White - Mass. copy

6 posts in this topic

:takeit: or PM

PP or MO (preferred)

$10 USPS priority shipping, $25 Int'l priority shipping

Available to Board Members Only

Editorial: Book purchased raw from Marnin, no artificial enhancement, book is much whiter than scan suggests, book also cut oddly on right hand side

$525

776912-010.jpg

My experience is that the books that CGC scans actually look whiter in person than they do in the mini CGC scan. I spoke to CGC about it and they are going to look into doing a little research but if I can use experience as a guide I'd bet this book is whiter in hand.

R.

My experience is that the books that CGC scans actually look whiter in person than they do in the mini CGC scan. I spoke to CGC about it and they are going to look into doing a little research but if I can use experience as a guide I'd bet this book is whiter in hand.

R.

I was going to add that to the editorial comment- and because you brought it up, i now will.

R.

I was going to add that to the editorial comment- and because you brought it up, i now will.

I am quite shocked sometimes by the difference between the scan and in hand. I think for the $3 charge they should offer a more realistic scan. They said they'd look into it. It can really be a deal breaker on a white book.

R.

Check out the diff in these scans. The second scan, although it has some glare, is much more representative of the book in hand and even then I think the book looks nicer than either scan shows.

FantasticFour1CGC6_5ow.jpg

FantasticFour1CGC65front-1.jpg