• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve Ditko...
1 1

238 posts in this topic

My friend Jamie's mom told me an odd story yesterday. She says that in the mid-60s her mom joined a devil-worshipping cult in Northern Nebraska with two of her brothers. They did all kinds of evil (Unspeakable) deeds throughout the heartland of America, by the end of their 2 and half year hiatus, they had made it all the way to the mouth of the Mississippi. They were a total of 17 people, she said they robbed, violated all kinds of State and local laws and, broke many unspoken taboos. Anyways.. it turns out that during the whole series of events, nobody knew each others name, they went by aliases. When they split up in Mississippi, they never saw each other again. It turns that the split was caused by a young man, leaving before everyone else, no one was able to ask each other why they were doing it.

As the story goes, she hadn't spoke of it until a week ago, she recognized a picture of the young man in question, it turns out, it was Steve Ditko !!!; it was during that summer's equinox, when they were all going to pledge an eternal oath to the devil..in the deal..if..and only if..the Devil spoke to them personally..they would pledge. Ditko was the first..he cut his arm with a dull blade and invoked the Devil...as she says, the "Devil appeared" and voiced to the young man.."you from now on ..will be my loyal disciple.. sign this evil scroll with your blood and ask..ask for fame, riches..notoriety...it will all be yours"

Ditko looked at the scroll, and from his face you could tell that his hatred, turned into joy..in a weird way.....and exclamated: "My autograph!!!!!!" He eirily laughed...and laughed ..and continued on, to say .. "Lucifer..no exceptions!.. my signature..not a chance in hell !" and walked away..

everyone, without knowing why, followed him. At a nearby gas station they said their final goodbyes..

Here are my Ditko post code Charlton SPACE ADVENTURES covers.

Space Adventures #31

SpaceAdventures31.jpg

Space Adventures #32

SpaceAdventures32.jpg

Space Adventures #33

SpaceAdventures33.jpg

Space Adventures #34

SpaceAdventures34.jpg

Space Adventures #35

SpaceAdventures35.jpg

Space Adventures #36

SpaceAdventures36.jpg

Space Adventures #37

SpaceAdventures37.jpg

Space Adventures #38

SpaceAdventures38.jpg

Space Adventures #39

SpaceAdventures39.jpg

Space Adventures #40

SpaceAdventures40-1.jpg

Space Adventures #42

SpaceAdventures42.jpg

Well.. if you guys are doing it.. maybe i should try my luck as well..

I think a few of us should, what' the worst that could happen?

I'd love a reply alone, even if he just said, 'leave me alone', haha.

I'm thinking of getting a group of fans together to go to his house and publicly confront him until he signs a bunch of autographs.

If that fails, I'm thinking a paper sack full of dog with a crude drawing of spider-man on it might do the trick. No need to light it...one look at the spidey figure should send him into a fit of rage.

I'm in

So I heard is hard getting a signature from Ditko hu? ...Is it true that Ditko once beat the Devil with his fiddle and won a straight pass to heaven..only thing is that when Saint Peter himself asked him to sign on the 'Book of Life' ...Ditko said... "NO Autographs!! NO exeptions!!!" ..and came back to earth... ???

That is true, I've also heard he once took the shape of a unicorn to avoid being asked for an autograph.

So I heard is hard getting a signature from Ditko hu? ...Is it true that Ditko once beat the Devil with his fiddle and won a straight pass to heaven..only thing is that when Saint Peter himself asked him to sign on the 'Book of Life' ...Ditko said... "NO Autographs!! NO exeptions!!!" ..and came back to earth... ???

That is true, I've also heard he once took the shape of a unicorn to avoid being asked for an autograph.

The shape of Unicorn?..maaan he's weird..why not just turn into someone else... ???

Yeahyy ..3500 posts!! :banana:

When asked why, all he said was, "People consider me more of a flamingo - That's why".

Makes sense.

That's why he is a genius!

The shape of Unicorn?..maaan he's weird..why not just turn into someone else... ???

On 3/3/2020 at 1:10 AM, James J Johnson said:

That would make perfect sense for Ditko to craft the Green Goblin after Rumplestiltskin. Rumplestiltskin was a goblin .

Creature_Profile_Fuchsteufelwild_-_Grimm.jpg

He also used a similar design for Death in the previous issue, The Thing #13, also from Charlton Comics.

7.jpg

Edited by Electricmastro