• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mouse Guard Appreciation Thread

165 posts in this topic

Legends of the Guard #2 came out several months ago - Petersen said there was a delay on issue #3, so #3 and #4 will come out within a couple of weeks of each other.

It's a great series - the Mouse Guard concept lends itself extremely well to the short story format he's doing in Legends of the Guard.

I know this is an old thread to resurrect, but I searched for more recent ones and had no luck finding them. Anyway, is there a particular way to tell a first print of #1 (non b-w) versus the 2nd-4th ones? Picked up a copy today and did not see anything on it or in it about it being a later printing, but I wanted to check to be sure. Thanks.

Back of my copy?

Still not seeing anything if it is a 1st print. Sorry, just don't know enough about this title and was wanting some clarification.

You can normally tell by the numbers above the second, smaller barcode. For example, my Birds of Prey (second series) #1 third print, has 00113 above that barcode, while the first print has 00111. Just need to figure out which number represents the printing.

I only read Mouse Guard in collected editions, but I'm guessing that's what they mean.

Thank you. I thought it was a good find, and i didn't want to leave it behind even with not being 100% sure. Too bad it wasn't a the ComixPress version. Could have spotted that easily.

Anyway, I because a big fan of Mouse Guard through the trades and had been on the lookout for a first print of #1 (have the rest already), and it was a good day. I'll quit cluttering the thread now.

if you mean legends of the guard, the trade came out in HC back in Nov i think. Was a great series. Glad they got the trade out. David has some great creators lined up for volume2