• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold Key 59 Cent sealed bags from 1971

11 posts in this topic

Here are two Gold Key 59 cent sealed bags from 1971. Books appear to be in 9.0/9.2 or better.

U.S. postage and insurance included. Elsewhere more.

:takeit: rules

Bag A (Green Bag) contents are

Banana Splits #8

Donald Duck # 139

Walt Disney’s Comics and Stories # 372

and a

Bugs Bunny # 137

Overstreet 9.2 is $158

gkbag1.jpg

gkbag12.jpg

Price $80

Bag B (Red Bag) contents are

Wacky Witch #4

Woody Woodpecker #119

H.R. Pufnstuf #5

Aristokittens meet Jiminy Cricket #1

Overstreet 9.2 is $238

gkbag2.jpg

gkbag22.jpg

Price $120

no :cloud9: for Gold Keys?

These are gorgeous books, probably 9.4, 9.6 or 9.8 candidates but I wouldn't want to guarantee that.

If these do well I can get my hands on more of these

I could do $160 for both

There weren't any of those in the packs I looked at. There was a couple other different packs, but all were funny animal, etc.

These were the best two with the Pufnstuf and Banana Splits books.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did some with Star Trek, Dark Shadows and Lost In Space.

Thinking about it I think I've seen some before with those titles.

These were out there for a vast majority of GK books of this era, and Whtiman books of course. I've seen many, but only have one left, Black Hole.

They are great pieces of comic history, and in my opinion are underapreciated, and undervalued in many cases.

Good luck with the sale. :)

These were out there for a vast majority of GK books of this era, and Whtiman books of course. I've seen many, but only have one left, Black Hole.

They are great pieces of comic history, and in my opinion are underapreciated, and undervalued in many cases.

Good luck with the sale. :)

I want to concur. Not my area of collecting but if I were a Gold Key collector these would be a fantastic addition to a collection. Good luck.