• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Master Comics #25 - One of the BEST Fawcett covers!

34 posts in this topic

Here's what I wrote about this cover when I first received this book a little over a year ago...

Master Comics #25 is cover-dated April of 1942 and probably hit the stands in March, just 4 months after Pearl Harbor. The cover is extraordinary, a child hero with what can only be described as blood-lust. Having already disabled three Japanese planes, he flies at a fourth, his eyes filled with rage, his hands outstretched as claws, ready to tear apart what very well may be the same planes that destroyed our navy and killed so many of our men that Sunday morning at Pearl Harbor. It's an angry cover, filled with the emotion of a nation bent on vengeance, and rightly so. It's visceral, powerful, and all in color for a dime...

6.0 $495 + $10 shipping

master25.jpg

I'll throw in a Daredevil PEZ dispenser. Now how many sellers do that?
hopefully none...I thought you wanted to sell the book :baiting:

A Batman kite?

getting warmer, but why not one of those "rare" paper captain marvel dolls (segway/tie in) lol

Yeah, even I did a double take on this copy doh!
in my experience, the 2 most highly coveted fawcet books today are not whiz 1, not CMA 1, not master 21....they are Master 25 and 27....ask anyone...go ahead...ask

and again, I have no pony in this race...I am fortunate I have my copy, but if I didn't.....rarely does master 25 come up for sale (kind of like the action 7 or MMC 9 of their respective publishers)

Here's what I wrote about this cover when I first received this book a little over a year ago...

Master Comics #25 is cover-dated April of 1942 and probably hit the stands in March, just 4 months after Pearl Harbor. The cover is extraordinary, a child hero with what can only be described as blood-lust. Having already disabled three Japanese planes, he flies at a fourth, his eyes filled with rage, his hands outstretched as claws, ready to tear apart what very well may be the same planes that destroyed our navy and killed so many of our men that Sunday morning at Pearl Harbor. It's an angry cover, filled with the emotion of a nation bent on vengeance, and rightly so. It's visceral, powerful, and all in color for a dime...

6.0 $495 + $10 shipping

master25.jpg

What's the PQ like on the book?

in fact, let me go on record as saying jeff is asking too little for this copy (thumbs u

I would've pulled the trigger on it an hour ago if I wasn't so stupid.Man that's a COOL book. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

6.0 $495 + $10 shipping

master25.jpg

i'll take it.

6.0 $495 + $10 shipping

master25.jpg

i'll take it.

Thanks, Billy. :applause: