• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Master Comics #25 - One of the BEST Fawcett covers!

34 posts in this topic

Dagnabbit, didn't even get an answer to my PQ question.

Sorry, I was driving home, getting a haircut, going to the grocery store. Big sale on soda at Vons! :cloud9:

coke zero :cloud9:

Here's what I wrote about this cover when I first received this book a little over a year ago...

Master Comics #25 is cover-dated April of 1942 and probably hit the stands in March, just 4 months after Pearl Harbor. The cover is extraordinary, a child hero with what can only be described as blood-lust. Having already disabled three Japanese planes, he flies at a fourth, his eyes filled with rage, his hands outstretched as claws, ready to tear apart what very well may be the same planes that destroyed our navy and killed so many of our men that Sunday morning at Pearl Harbor. It's an angry cover, filled with the emotion of a nation bent on vengeance, and rightly so. It's visceral, powerful, and all in color for a dime...

6.0 $495 + $10 shipping

master25.jpg

i'll take it.

damn fine pick up!

Here's what I wrote about this cover when I first received this book a little over a year ago...

Master Comics #25 is cover-dated April of 1942 and probably hit the stands in March, just 4 months after Pearl Harbor. The cover is extraordinary, a child hero with what can only be described as blood-lust. Having already disabled three Japanese planes, he flies at a fourth, his eyes filled with rage, his hands outstretched as claws, ready to tear apart what very well may be the same planes that destroyed our navy and killed so many of our men that Sunday morning at Pearl Harbor. It's an angry cover, filled with the emotion of a nation bent on vengeance, and rightly so. It's visceral, powerful, and all in color for a dime...

6.0 $495 + $10 shipping

i'll take it.

Great buy Billy. Such a powerful cover.

in fact, let me go on record as saying jeff is asking too little for this copy (thumbs u

It was a good price, but I just wanted to get what I paid Richard for it, and I'm very pleased that Billy got it. :applause:

in fact, let me go on record as saying jeff is asking too little for this copy (thumbs u

It was a good price, but I just wanted to get what I paid Richard for it, and I'm very pleased that Billy got it. :applause:

It is getting closer to home. :grin:

It is getting closer to home. :grin:

our tight-knit little geek group does like our funny-books to stay in the family.

didn't know if the price was good or bad, i grabbed it without checking the guide, sending a pm, etc. here's why, and i hope i don't bore y'all.

yesterday afternoon i had a long drive back home from depos. i passed some time talking funny books to russell. he complimented my little capt marvel purchase off the boards the night before. then added: "but the fawcett you really need to go after is master 25. one of the best covers of all, but be ready to wait awhile, i've been after a nice copy for years, and they just don't come up often."

45 mins. later i got home, checked work email and headed to the boards. there, waiting for me, was jeff's thread selling a master 25. i figured that was just too damn serendipitous, and bin'ed it immediately. when i emailed russ with the buy minutes later, he was thunderstruck over the coincidence.

very happy i got it. thanks again jeff.

didn't know if the price was good or bad, i grabbed it without checking the guide, sending a pm, etc. here's why, and i hope i don't bore y'all.

yesterday afternoon i had a long drive back home from depos. i passed some time talking funny books to russell. he complimented my little capt marvel purchase off the boards the night before. then added: "but the fawcett you really need to go after is master 25. one of the best covers of all, but be ready to wait awhile, i've been after a nice copy for years, and they just don't come up often."

45 mins. later i got home, checked work email and headed to the boards. there, waiting for me, was jeff's thread selling a master 25. i figured that was just too damn serendipitous, and bin'ed it immediately. when i emailed russ with the buy minutes later, he was thunderstruck over the coincidence.

^^

You have the best luck when it comes to comics Billy

Nice story Billy, and here I thought you bought it for the free Pez dispenser, or did you?

hm

i want a pez with your head on it kenny. your real head.

:o