• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Before and after pics of restoration

250 posts in this topic

This thread just wasnt worth the two pages I read..

P.S. I dont care what the guy does with books, or if he uses PGX. All in all he seems to have not done anyone "wrong".

That is correct and thank you...

I will address some of the questions even though it won't make a difference to those that dislike me. I am doing this just to set things straight. No, I do not help Daniel grade the book; I just live an hour away. Every book that has restoration is accompanied with a fact sheet explaining all the restoration so PGX won't be putting any blue labels on it. Ok so for the tenth time I am not charging people. The supply fee I charge doesn’t even cover my cost so that’s not charging. I am doing this for the accomplishment and I enjoy it so you can make me out to whoever you want but I am not trying to deceive or get rich at this. And you all hate PGX, I get that and that’s just fine as I am not trying to change anyone’s opinion. I think that’s it. Oh Kenny, from now on if you want answers PM me ok unless you can’t resist letting others see what you’re thinking as that seems to be a common disease among others around here.

I didn't want any answers from you Mike. The first part of my post was an observation and the second part was obviously sarcasm given PGX's dubious track record. It just does not seem like the best way to try and legitimize yourself, even if they are located in your backyard.

There is a reason people do not like PGX, and it has nothing to do with being loyal to CGC.

And who cares if you are, or are not taking in money for work preformed. I say close up shop and do not offer a public service until you are ready. Then hit the ground running once you are confident in the services you are offering under a business platform. Because only a month or two ago you didn't even know what wheat paste was, and were drying pages on paper towels.

2c

I really do wish you well Mike, but am continually perplexed as to why you have chosen to handle things the way you have thus far.

I don't think MasterCPU is doing anything 'wrong' per-se, other than making a fool of himself. He's certainly put the cart before the horse -- presenting himself to be professional restoration service when there is nothing professional about it other than the materials he may be using. Most people with an ounce of common sense and some level of self-consciousness would know better than to flaunt their sub-par skills in a public forum. What he's doing is really akin to someone offering their services as a professional architect after a survey course at public college and a few books on architectural history.

This whole debate has opened my eyes to the dangers of buying restored slabs without a return policy in place or examining them in-person. It's truly scary to know that MasterCPU's restoration experiments and Kenny's beautifully restored masterpieces will end up in the same SP/MP/EP slabs just because they are using the same materials. :o

Every book that has restoration is accompanied with a fact sheet explaining all the restoration so PGX won't be putting any blue labels on it.

PGX put restored books in blue labels all the time, what makes yours any different? Oh, wait...

Ok so for the tenth time I am not charging people. The supply fee I charge doesn’t even cover my cost so that’s not charging.

A great lesson in how to contradict yourself twice in the same sentence (thumbs u

Oh Kenny, from now on if you want answers PM me ok unless you can’t resist letting others see what you’re thinking as that seems to be a common disease among others around here.

This is a public forum. Its purpose is for folks to talk with each other about what's on their minds.

Ok so for the tenth time I am not charging people. The supply fee I charge doesn’t even cover my cost so that’s not charging.

THAT... is hilarious. Almost as funny as the info-mercials that that state the second set of whatever crappy product they are trying to sell is *FREE*, "just pay separate handling charge."

IF MONEY IS EXCHANGED, THEN SOMETHING ISN'T FREE. PAYING ANY AMOUNT FOR SOMETHING MAKES IT NOT FREE. FREE IS DOING SOMETHING FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR SOMEONE ELSE, EVEN IF IT DOES COST YOU MONEY.

That is all I will say.

-slym