• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stragglers and Newbies for sale

40 posts in this topic

Sorry about this. Forgot about this one:

Amazing Spider-man #46 8.5 stunning copy. I thought I had one of those once in a lifetime finds in NYC.

Looks like a 9.6/9.8 copy....until you see the crease on the back cover! Unless you own a 9.6/9.8 copy you will never see one that displays this nice again!

OSPG $150, GPA 90 day average $170, asking $175 $148 $125 shipped.

AmazingSpider-man468_5.jpg

OK, tell ya what.

Avengers #55 9.6. Pretty much a perfect book structurally except for one tiny bump/stress at the top spine corner and a very very slight staple indent right next to the bottom staple from a book that was stacked above this one. It does not break color at all. If someone has this graded and it does not come back a 9.6 they can have a full refund for the cost of the book. last GPA for a 9.6 was $500. Asking $350 firm for this book. It's off to be graded by me if it does not sell.

can you tone the brightness down some Roy?

Its nigh impossible to see the edges on books like this or the X-Men 96.

Arex, when I tried to toned it down a bit last year I got accused of doctoring my scans...I don't have a good scanner at all and am just using the default settings right now. I'll try to take a scan later with a color backing behind the book.

No worries Roy. its just like I said, on the books with a light edge you cant really see well.

Im one to talk as Ive just recently got my scan settings on raw books better.

OK, tell ya what.

Avengers #55 9.6. Pretty much a perfect book structurally except for one tiny bump/stress at the top spine corner and a very very slight staple indent right next to the bottom staple from a book that was stacked above this one. It does not break color at all. If someone has this graded and it does not come back a 9.6 they can have a full refund for the cost of the book. last GPA for a 9.6 was $500. Asking $350 firm for this book. It's off to be graded by me if it does not sell.

Arex, when I tried to toned it down a bit last year I got accused of doctoring my scans...I don't have a good scanner at all and am just using the default settings right now. I'll try to take a scan later with a color backing behind the book.

No worries Roy. its just like I said, on the books with a light edge you cant really see well.

(thumbs u

Amazing Spider-man #46 8.5 stunning copy. I thought I had one of those once in a lifetime finds in NYC.

Looks like a 9.6/9.8 copy....until you see the crease on the back cover! Unless you own a 9.6/9.8 copy you will never see one that displays this nice again!

is the crease color breaking?

It's on the back cover white paper stock so it's impossible to see in a scan but technically it does break color.

R.

Daredevil #158 9.4 One of my favorite books. Nicely centered top and bottom, slight miswrap, impossible to find perfectly centered. Front cover is perfect. Back cover has a few dimples along spine (they likely won't show up in a scan). Asking $125 I believe I paid $150 when I bought it as a 9.4 from Divad.

Daredevil1589_4.jpg

This is a killer copy - with Roy's permission, I could post better scans, or shoot them to anyone who is interested. :)

OK, tell ya what.

THE SCANS LOOK FINE ROY....I wouldn't worry about it (thumbs u

Daredevil #158 9.4 One of my favorite books. Nicely centered top and bottom, slight miswrap, impossible to find perfectly centered. Front cover is perfect. Back cover has a few dimples along spine (they likely won't show up in a scan). Asking $125 I believe I paid $150 when I bought it as a 9.4 from Divad.

Daredevil1589_4.jpg

This is a killer copy - with Roy's permission, I could post better scans, or shoot them to anyone who is interested. :)

No , methinks he's doctoring his scans .... hm

:baiting:

Swamp Thing #1 9.2 NM- o/w a very glossy, very bright copy of this book. One edge ding at the middle open end and some ncb surface wear

keep the book from grading higher than 9.2. OSPG $275, GPA $195, Asking $150 $100 $90 shipped.

ST1.jpg

:takeit: Add to my pile please. Thanks!

It's on the back cover white paper stock so it's impossible to see in a scan but technically it does break color.

R.

Hi- How big and where is this back cover crease located. Without a scan, a small description works. Thanks

Divad, thanks for the help. If anyone wants a scan Divad is offering. I'm at work and unable to scan anything until tonite.

R.

Hi- How big and where is this back cover crease located. Without a scan, a small description works. Thanks

I can email scans tonite when I get home but the only flaw keeping the book out of 9.6 is a back cover crease at the top outer corner. It is approx 1/2 " in length. The book is pretty much flawless otherwise.

R.

That's actually a nicely cut book as there have been a few CGC 9.4s sold on here recently with the top so angled, it appeared like someone had taken a scissor to it.

hm

That's actually a nicely cut book as there have been a few CGC 9.4s sold on here recently with the top so angled, it appeared like someone had taken a scissor to it.

hm

Nice copy, fair price. Why would you NOT buy this book?

:baiting:

Forgot to add this book.

Captain America #117 8.0/8.5. Mostly NCB wear for the grade. Terrific appearance. Super hot book in higher grades. Asking $110 shipped.

CaptainAmerica117.jpg

Forgot to add this book.

Captain America #117 8.0/8.5. Mostly NCB wear for the grade. Terrific appearance. Super hot book in higher grades. Asking $110 shipped.

CaptainAmerica117.jpg

NICE!!!!!