• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Offers Multiple Tiers On-Site At Wizard World Philadelphia!

153 posts in this topic

Higher CGC on-site grading costs can also effect money spend in the room on dealers books.

Customer has to choice to spend close to $50.00 to get two modern books graded or spend the money on other comics in the room for example.

I'm sorry, but it seems like you really don't have a clue here.

The price went up $1 for Moderns (post-80) which encompasses the VAST majority of books that are on-site graded. Let me repeat - one dollah. And again ... uno dollar.

Your claim that people who spent $46 to have two moderns graded on-site last year will now suddenly go loco at the thought of having to pay $2 more is ridiculous. I am one of those people, and I honestly couldn't care less about this tiny price increase.

Sheesh.

Sheesh.....yourself

If you want to pay $24.00 to get a modern book graded thats great as I will not because it will not be enjoyable for me to spend that kind of money when I can wait 4 weeks to get my books back.

Yes a $2.00 increase isn't the worst thing that can happen, but its not a $2.00 increase for 1975-1979 which for me for not be worth on-site submitting.

Hey, what ever makes you happy thats great, but pis ing money away is not fun for me. (shrug)

doh! If so, then he's got some company.

he price went up $1 for Moderns (post-80) which encompasses the VAST majority of books that are on-site graded. Let me repeat - one dollah. And again ... uno dollar.

No one is talking about the $24 tier, but the NEW $45 tier for books 1975-79 that have gone up significantly (those would be $24 before May - do the math). Try to follow the conversation next time. :makepoint:

thanks JC! :foryou:

No one is talking about the $24 tier, but the NEW $45 tier for books 1975-79 that have gone up significantly (those would be $24 before May - do the math). Try to follow the conversation next time. :makepoint:

Actually, dumbazz, he WAS talking about post-1980 books:

Customer has to choice to spend close to $50.00 to get two modern books graded or spend the money on other comics in the room for example.

Hey JC, I know it's a new idea, but try to read, comprehend, and digest before typing. meh

he price went up $1 for Moderns (post-80) which encompasses the VAST majority of books that are on-site graded. Let me repeat - one dollah. And again ... uno dollar.

Dude - you're a moron (that goes for JC too, but Lebowski already called him out).

You were, in fact, talking about the $24 tier.

And I quote:

I would have to agree those on-site prices are insulting and a joke.

No business from me.

$24 for onsite grading Moderns.

My god the grading costs will be worth more than the books. (shrug)

If you want to pay $24.00 to get a modern book graded thats great as I will not because it will not be enjoyable for me to spend that kind of money when I can wait 4 weeks to get my books back.

I know it's a new idea, but try to read, comprehend, and digest before typing. meh

What dont you understand?

If you need to take basic math skills again please let me know.

Everyone is saying the on-site grading modern jump is no big deal.

R u kidding me?

It's a huge difference from the last time CGC on site graded till now.

mschmidt didn't annswer my post.

I asked him on his last submission of books at WW Chicago for on-site grading, how much of the books ranged from 1975-1979.

If you cant see the huge jump in cost from then till now I don't see the point of discussing it any further.

Dude, I'm just going to quote the post right above yours for this answer:

And I quote:

No business from me.

I know it's a new idea, but try to read, comprehend, and digest before typing. meh

What dont you understand?

Everyone is saying the on-site grading modern jump is no big deal.

R u kidding me?

It's a huge difference from the last time CGC on site graded till now.

mschmidt didn't annswer my post.

I asked him on his last submission of books at WW Chicago for on-site grading, how much of the books ranged from 1975-1979.

If you cant see the huge jump in cost from then till now I don't see the point of discussing it any further.

In what parallel universe is going from $22-23/book for onsite grading to $24/book for onsite grading considered "a huge jump"?

In regards to your other question, I don't collect slabbed bronze, so none of my books were earlier than 85 or so.

Oh, and my math skills are superb, as are my comic packing and shipping skills.

Dude - you're a moron (that goes for JC too, but Lebowski already called him out).

And I quote:

No business from me.

What the f-k dont you get?

Yes, I am saying $24.00 and now $45.00 is too much for me to onsite grade.

As some one who like to buy and sell books, why would I waste money just to get the book back in a day or two. You are already save on s/h by hand delivering the books to CGC at the convention so you would just have to pay return shipping.

If you honeslty think you are some how saving money with on-site grading you are the dumbest geek I know.

Then again you are the same guy who says you couldnt send comics media mail.

Yes onsite grading does effect dealers as that is less money the customer may spend on comics rather than grading fees. Pretty simple to understand.

Onsite Grading is awesome and it used to be fun for me, but why would I be stupid enough to submit my books that I know I can wait on a couple of weeks and pay alot cheaper discount.

If you want to submit the books because its fun as a collector well that great, but the cost for me now out ways that fun.

...but again what do I know I have never made a dollar from buying/selling comics yet.

You dope.

The price increase on former Moderns makes me wonder just how much those few years were submitted to CGC in the whole scheme of things. Might just be those years were a small precentage of their submissions. So the change wasn't seen by CGC as such a big deal...

Jim

I unfortunately understand what John is getting at. But the price increase for 75-79 books has been discussed to death. So its obvious the price increase will still be there for on site. So you can pay CGC $32.00 or whatever it is for your 75-79 books and still pay shipping both ways, or you can spend the extra $12.00 on site. OR you can just do the value tier for $21.00 a book and make it worth your while.

As some one who like to buy and sell books, why would I waste money just to get the book back in a day or two. You are already save on s/h by hand delivering the books to CGC at the convention so you would just have to pay return shipping.

If you honeslty think you are some how saving money with on-site grading you are the dumbest geek I know.

Yes onsite grading does effect dealers as that is less money the customer may spend on comics rather than grading fees. Pretty simple to understand.

Onsite Grading is awesome and it used to be fun for me, but why would I be stupid enough to submit my books that I know I can wait on a couple of weeks and pay alot cheaper discount.

If you want to submit the books because its fun as a collector well that great, but the cost for me now out ways that fun.

...but again what do I know I have never made a dollar from buying/selling comics yet.

You dope.

You didn't answer my question:

In what parallel universe is going from $22-23/book for onsite grading to $24/book for onsite grading considered "a huge jump"?

Because that's what has happened here. On-site grading fees have increased by a measly couple of dollars. Yet, from your incessant whining, it seems like CGC is now asking for your first-born & the keys to your car as you drop off those books for on-site grading.

(They're not, btw).

You keep talking about doing the math, but it seems like you're severely lacking in that department yourself. So here's an example for you:

A) I submit 5 Modern books to CGC - $17/book, minus the usual 10% discount is $76.50. Return shipping cost from CGC is $33.30 (with $500-$1000 worth of insurance). Total cost is $109.80. And this example implies that I dropped off the books at a convention instead of mailing them to CGC.

b) I submit 5 Modern books to CGC for on-site grading - $24/book, total cost is $120.

So ... $109.80 vs $120 breaks down to about $2 extra pr. book for on-site grading. In return for those $2 I get the grading time cut from 6 weeks to 1 day.

Wow ... yeah, I can see why this is a huge rip-off.

You dope.

You didn't answer my question:

Because that's what has happened here. On-site grading fees have increased by a measly couple of dollars. Yet, from your incessant whining, it seems like CGC is now asking for your first-born & the keys to your car as you drop off those books for on-site grading.

(They're not, btw).

You keep talking about doing the math, but it seems like you're severely lacking in that department yourself. So here's an example for you:

A) I submit 5 Modern books to CGC - $17/book, minus the usual 10% discount is $76.50. Return shipping cost from CGC is $33.30 (with $500-$1000 worth of insurance). Total cost is $109.80. And this example implies that I dropped off the books at a convention instead of mailing them to CGC.

b) I submit 5 Modern books to CGC for on-site grading - $24/book, total cost is $120.

So ... $109.80 vs $120 breaks down to about $2 extra pr. book for on-site grading. In return for those $2 I get the grading time cut from 6 weeks to 1 day.

Wow ... yeah, I can see why this is a huge rip-off.

:frustrated:

:frustrated:

Now I will be calm..... :cloud9:

What I am saying to you is take that same example for me and use it for last year's onsite grading for books from1975-1979 and the price jumped way...way...way up.

I would usually submit books that ranged from 1975-1983 ish , so now it not worth it for me and I think it sucks.

Unless I have a slam dunk money maker book.

ok?

John. This is apples and oranges. We had a whole thread on the increase in prices. So if you were submitting on site, this isnt news to anyone here.

Are you going to stop submitting books 75-79 to cgc as well?

I just think the glamour of on-site grading has lost its luster for me. :cry:

Since most HG books from 1980-now (for me anyway) aren't worth paying $24.00 a book because in alot of cases your book wont be worth much more than the cost of getting the book graded.

or your taking the chance its going to be a uber HG or its a slam dunk key book.

I am speaking from selling my books after they are slabbed.

If you want to pay the extra fees for which ever tier because you want the books back that same day for your collection or whatever, and you still get excited about the thrill of the on-site fullfillment then thats great. (thumbs u

Not for me anymore, I can wait.