• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taking the Leap of Faith! FloppyComics.com baby!

46 posts in this topic

Well, we're doing it!

Several friends and I are starting up an online comic shop called floppycomics.com! It's going to focus on 'indy' modern comics (slabbed and raw), modern OA, video blogs, reviews / articles etc...I'm pretty excited about it, as I'm finally going to leave my job as an Apple Technician!

I'm about to turn 27, and I always wanted a 'cool' job! We are planning on launching the site right before SDCC and are in the process of collecting more store inventory and setting up creator / artist interviews at SDCC :) Among the cats on our list for IVs are: Jim Lee, Jae Lee, Alex Ross, Jeff Smith, Robert Kirkman, Ryan Ottley, Charlie Aadlard, Eric Powell, Joe Hill, Gabe Rodriguez and others...

So, besides letting all of you cats know about it, I was wondering what you all might want to see in an online shop? We are toying with the idea of consigning books at the moment...Our niche is small, but we're hoping that if we do it right it can be fun and semi-profitable :)

FLOPPYCOMICS.COM, baby!!

Well, we're doing it!

Several friends and I are starting up an online comic shop called floppycomics.com! It's going to focus on 'indy' modern comics (slabbed and raw), modern OA, video blogs, reviews / articles etc...I'm pretty excited about it, as I'm finally going to leave my job as an Apple Technician!

I'm about to turn 27, and I always wanted a 'cool' job! We are planning on launching the site right before SDCC and are in the process of collecting more store inventory and setting up creator / artist interviews at SDCC :) Among the cats on our list for IVs are: Jim Lee, Jae Lee, Alex Ross, Robert Kirkman, Ryan Ottley, Charlie Aadlard, Eric Powell, Joe Hill, Gabe Rodriguez and others...

So, besides letting all of you cats know about it, I was wondering what you all might want to see in an online shop? We are toying with the idea of consigning books at the moment...Our niche is small, but we're hoping that if we do it right it can be fun and semi-profitable :)

FLOPPYCOMICS.COM, baby!!

Best of Luck! ^^

Congrats!!!

PS: Does Apple give you a nice employee discount?

when i worked for apple ( i left Apple in February to work for some knock off company ), I got a one time a year 25% off 'coupon' for a computer, 15% off 'friends and family' discount and a perpetual 10% off if i purchased anything at the store.

I always took advantage of the 25% off discount ;)

I'm just glad I no longer have to explain to old ladies that their iPhone's only have one speaker !! HELL YEAH!!

as far as the store goes my two biggest things about buying online are quality scans and strict grading. When I go to online stores and there are no scans of comics that are more than $20 I go somewhere else.

we'll have full Hi-Res scans of all of our books and OA for sale :) The grading will also be as strict as possible (at the beginning, it will be mostly slabs)..

Thank you all for the support!

Congrats! Maybe add pre-cut microchamber paper to your inventory, since right now only comicsupply does, and Jeff at Hotflips said they were thinking about it, but no idea when they'd launch it. I'd buy a bunch! :D