• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper age key issues
3 3

240 posts in this topic

I am wondering if I could get some help. ????

What are all of the key issues in the copper age?I know there is the obvious "ASM #300 "etc. I wanted to get an idea from the experts on the boards.Thanx in advance (worship)

Edited by oakman29

Amazing Spiderman 360 / 361 1st Carnage.

Also would the Venom Lethal Protector 1 , Black error issue be a super collectible from the copper age considering how hard it is to find. Sort of in the vien of Star Ware #1 35 cent variant being one of the most key issues of the bronze age. Just curious , not saying it is. Took me years to get a copy of that. Was easier to get a copy of the Star Wars.

Also would the Venom Lethal Protector 1 , Black error issue be a super collectible from the copper age considering how hard it is to find. Sort of in the vien of Star Ware #1 35 cent variant being one of the most key issues of the bronze age. Just curious , not saying it is. Took me years to get a copy of that. Was easier to get a copy of the Star Wars.

Good choices.I do believe that just as people said years ago the Bronze age stuff was'nt worth anything, are now kicking themselves for not jumping on that bus early enough.I feel that the copper age keys are in fact going to take off,and I will be on that bus before it leaves.I dont have to mention all the copper books such as New Mutants#98,Walking Dead #1 etc.that are currently making a name for themselves.the next tier of collectors is at hand,and want the copper age from their childhood just as we,try to get the silver and bronze books of ours. 2c

Edited by oakman29

Good choices.I do believe that just as people said years ago the Bronze age stuff was'nt worth anything, are now kicking themselves for not jumping on that bus early enough.I feel that the copper age keys are in fact going to take off,and I will be on that bus before it leaves.I dont have to mention all the copper books such as New Mutants#98,Walking Dead #1 etc.that are currently making a name for themselves.the next tier of collectors is at hand,and want the copper age from their childhood just as we,try to get the silver and bronze books of ours. 2c

I think only one of the books in the conversation above can be a copper book. The generally accepted copper era is between '80/81 & '90/91. :)

There was an error in the printing proccess that instead of foil it created a super cool all Black cover. Only like 25? got out. hardest book I ever tried to find. Its on ebay every once in a while . Last one was selling for around $1,000. Also a copy i believe has the destinction of being the first 10.0 book graded by cgc.

Also would the Venom Lethal Protector 1 , Black error issue be a super collectible from the copper age considering how hard it is to find.

Sorry, all of those books are Moderns from March/April 1992 and February 1993, respectively.

There was an error in the printing proccess that instead of foil it created a super cool all Black cover. Only like 25? got out.

25? That's something a greedy seller might say, or a proud owner wanting his baby to be "rarer".

There are already 74 on the CGC Census.

Hundreds of Venom black exist.

Try finding Venom white. :grin:

sorry that why i put the qustion mark next to it. I wasnt sure. Thought i read it was 25 , maybe it was 250 ??

Never bothered with the white becaause that i read was ultra rare as in only a few copies , then again i could be wrong about that one also. I have absolutley never seen a copy for sale anywhere of the white one.

Edited by spidrvacc

There was an error in the printing proccess that instead of foil it created a super cool all Black cover. Only like 25? got out.

25? That's something a greedy seller might say, or a proud owner wanting his baby to be "rarer".

There are already 74 on the CGC Census.

Hundreds of Venom black exist.

Try finding Venom white. :grin:

Wow. A white variant exists. Did not know that.

If you give me a concrete set of Copper years, beginning and end, I'll give you the keys, semi-keys, and issues of note.

(shrug) Dazzler #1 to month prior to McSpidey #1.

If you give me a concrete set of Copper years, beginning and end, I'll give you the keys, semi-keys, and issues of note.

I would say 1984-1992 Starting with Secret Wars/ASM #252 hm