• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper age key issues
3 3

240 posts in this topic

I think there should be a category between Major Keys and Keys, for stuff like X-Men 266 and New Mutants 87.

yeah, I think there might be some call for that. Harbinger #1 isn't a major key, but it's much more of a key than New Mutants #98.

:o Seriously? In some circles, NM 98 is THE key book of the copper age. That, and TMNT.

I know if you are a fan of Deadpool, things may appear this way. But in general, New Mutants 98 is not THE key book of the Copper Age. There are many other books which may rank higher as critical, depending on your collecting focus.

Especially Adventurers 1 Skeleton Variant. :o:shy:

groin punch. Deadpool is the best thing marvel has ever come up with.

lol

1980s thinking: Cable - greatest thing to come out of Marvel

1990s thinking: Venom - greatest thing to come out of Marvel

20X0s thinking: New Mutants 98 is worth a whole bunch - I found my new hero

There was no Cable in the '80s. :makepoint:

Technically, Cable first appeared in Uncanny X-Men 201 as Baby Nathan / Baby Cable, which was in the 1980s.

Yeah, but nobody knew the word Cable and nobody gave two about Baby Nathan.

:gossip: I said that already, but much nicer. Glad to see you are up from your nap.

I think there should be a category between Major Keys and Keys, for stuff like X-Men 266 and New Mutants 87.

yeah, I think there might be some call for that. Harbinger #1 isn't a major key, but it's much more of a key than New Mutants #98.

:o Seriously? In some circles, NM 98 is THE key book of the copper age. That, and TMNT.

I know if you are a fan of Deadpool, things may appear this way. But in general, New Mutants 98 is not THE key book of the Copper Age. There are many other books which may rank higher as critical, depending on your collecting focus.

Especially Adventurers 1 Skeleton Variant. :o:shy:

groin punch. Deadpool is the best thing marvel has ever come up with.

lol

1980s thinking: Cable - greatest thing to come out of Marvel

1990s thinking: Venom - greatest thing to come out of Marvel

20X0s thinking: New Mutants 98 is worth a whole bunch - I found my new hero

There was no Cable in the '80s. :makepoint:

Technically, Cable first appeared in Uncanny X-Men 201 as Baby Nathan / Baby Cable, which was in the 1980s.

Yeah, but nobody knew the word Cable and nobody gave two about Baby Nathan.

:gossip: I said that already, but much nicer. Glad to see you are up from your nap.

I felt my name being used in vain in your other post.

Now I'm grumpy. Feel my wrath. :sumo:

On 6/3/2009 at 3:19 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

When I get around to it, I'll do 1980-1983, too.

I can also do 1970-1979, and even Silver Age, but is a Silver Age list necessary? Doesn't everyone pretty much have the OPG for that?

Stumbling around this morning and found RockMyAmadeus' list, which has reminded me of many long forgotten series and books I now have to add to my want list (greatly appreciated list, by the way.  SO much good stuff I haven't thought of in years on here.)

Anyway, just wondering if the time periods from the above quote were ever posted on here anywhere as well?  Or, at least the 1980-1983 period.  That is a period I'm much, much more hazy on, being a predominantly late 80's-early 90's era collector.  

On 9/13/2019 at 6:35 AM, architeuthis said:

Stumbling around this morning and found RockMyAmadeus' list, which has reminded me of many long forgotten series and books I now have to add to my want list (greatly appreciated list, by the way.  SO much good stuff I haven't thought of in years on here.)

Anyway, just wondering if the time periods from the above quote were ever posted on here anywhere as well?  Or, at least the 1980-1983 period.  That is a period I'm much, much more hazy on, being a predominantly late 80's-early 90's era collector.  

Glad you found it.

Made a copy. It's a great resource.

:gossip:" RMA adds zero value"

On 6/3/2009 at 2:53 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'll give someone a beat up copy of New Mutants #98 or #87, whatever I find, if they can come up with WHY all those issues are listed. ;)

Is this offer still valid? hm

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:40 PM, shiverbones said:

I come across early moon knights fairly often, but today was the first time in 2 years I found issues in this range at a lcs. Do I just have bad luck, or are these disappearing?

BBA50A37-CB63-421A-AE0D-E42019038D86.jpeg

A lot of the sienkewicz, kaluta, and other good covers from this series have gotten relatively expensive. no longer 25 cent box books, and many of them were for a looong time. why these covers have gotten hot, I don't know. A lot of books have cool covers nobody cares about.

I am chasing a Moon Knight 14 in 9.8 white and one finally turned up ebay and it just sold for a WHOPPING $1,105.00.  The bidding got too rich for my blood.  I'm hoping this bidding frenzy will have more #14's come out of the woodwork.
I just need the #14 and I will have all 38 issues in 9.8 White.  #8 would seem to be the toughest one to get as there are only 4 on the census.  I at least have the #8 in 9.8 white. 

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:40 PM, shiverbones said:

I come across early moon knights fairly often, but today was the first time in 2 years I found issues in this range at a lcs. Do I just have bad luck, or are these disappearing?

BBA50A37-CB63-421A-AE0D-E42019038D86.jpeg

#23 should be designated as a classic cover.  It is the best of the best from this series.

On 10/2/2019 at 5:28 PM, shiverbones said:

I prefer a few of the others, but that is a great one

the rest of that collection came out, so I went to town

EEB6E0E3-5EE0-4959-8610-0C300C5922DE.jpeg

71AD23EF-FE9F-4BDD-AF48-5960EFDEE6FA.jpeg

4B4BCF41-C63C-4180-B5D5-37B29CF57FCC.jpeg

Very Nice! I now have a complete set of the 1st series Moon Knight all in CGC 9.8 White.  That #14 only has only 6 9.8 copies on the CGC census.  #14 got expensive in 9.8.
I have a raw 1st series set but some are not in high grade. 

21 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

Very Nice! I now have a complete set of the 1st series Moon Knight all in CGC 9.8 White.  That #14 only has only 6 9.8 copies on the CGC census.  #14 got expensive in 9.8.
I have a raw 1st series set but some are not in high grade. 

Wow! Congrats! That is a feat. I am happy with nice looking raws, and that was tough, can’t imagine collecting a 9.8 set

1 minute ago, shiverbones said:

Wow! Congrats! That is a feat. I am happy with nice looking raws, and that was tough, can’t imagine collecting a 9.8 set

Thank You! The last several issues I needed were just tough to come by.  This took me a while to complete but it does feel good to complete it.