• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The boy with the most comics in America....Supersnipe Lives On
2 2

105 posts in this topic

My annual 2017 bump so newbies can feel the joy of supersnipe .

Were the Supersnipe stories ever reprinted? hm

Never reprinted to my knowledge and since street and smith protect their copyrights, I hope you never see the photocopy repop types you see now on ebay for so many GA classics. A decent book would be awesome though.

Not my copy and posted by the Boardie owner in much better high definition but hey it's the mile high and ya gotta love it. Very early supersnipe appearance right before he got his own title. Posted previously a bit larger. Not my '74 image...but belongs here.

167422.png.7d2d80b0b9cd24379e694049e71768c1.png

167423.jpg.87e5e3e0729cac1cbe0721b0754ac43d.jpg

Were the Supersnipe stories ever reprinted? hm

Not to my knowledge ....

Calling Shrevvy! :D

I didn't see this nine months ago when it was posted. comicdey and I did speak about Supersnipe. I did some research and the title was renewed by Street & Smith. The comics are still under copyright and absent getting a license, won't see print (by us anyway) :(

Fantastic thread @Comicdey, thanks for bring it to my attention!  I initially got my only copy of Supersnipe because it fit my pedigree hunt, and it's an underwater/shark cover, so a double whammy for me.  You may have inspired me to go after a few more books.  Thanks, I guess? :sumo: 

Here's my lone Supersnipe!  Tied for highest graded according to the census.  I suspect the other 9.0 is the Mile High copy, but I'm not positive.

0806172234201.jpg

On 1/15/2017 at 2:18 PM, Shrevvy said:

I didn't see this nine months ago when it was posted. comicdey and I did speak about Supersnipe. I did some research and the title was renewed by Street & Smith. The comics are still under copyright and absent getting a license, won't see print (by us anyway) :(

That's too bad.  I didn't realize that Street & Smith were still in business.

5 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

Fantastic thread @Comicdey, thanks for bring it to my attention!  I initially got my only copy of Supersnipe because it fit my pedigree hunt, and it's an underwater/shark cover, so a double whammy for me.  You may have inspired me to go after a few more books.  Thanks, I guess? :sumo: 

Here's my lone Supersnipe!  Tied for highest graded according to the census.  I suspect the other 9.0 is the Mile High copy, but I'm not positive.

0806172234201.jpg

Someone has taken a pencil or pen to your copy to cover its error....

IMG_0715.JPG.e80d5412735b4e65d41dc7476fa7b882.JPG

It should look like the above. CGC notes the mistake on the slab.

13 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Someone has taken a pencil or pen to your copy to cover its error....

IMG_0715.JPG.e80d5412735b4e65d41dc7476fa7b882.JPG

It should look like the above. CGC notes the mistake on the slab.

Makes the book even more special to me! :D

Colin pointed the same thing out when I shared it on instagram.  I noticed it when I bought it, but not sure most people do.