• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sharing a note to me

27 posts in this topic

That is very interesting, Bob. However, Herb is wrong in that people don't read them anymore. I have read them. I have read them all. Now, I am looking for something that goes beyond that. For me, that's a slab.

I have a 9.8 FF 186 that was given to me by a friend that represents the very first comic I had purchased for me when I was five. I like the fact that it's encased in plastic where it is less likely to get damaged. To me, it's a preserved memory. I also keep a raw reading copy in the bag with it in its own Mylar sleeve. Read it again just the other day... good stuff. :cloud9:

That is very interesting, Bob. However, Herb is wrong in that people don't read them anymore. I have read them. I have read them all. Now, I am looking for something that goes beyond that. For me, that's a slab.

I have a 9.8 FF 186 that was given to me by a friend that represents the very first comic I had purchased for me when I was five. I like the fact that it's encased in plastic where it is less likely to get damaged. To me, it's a preserved memory. I also keep a raw reading copy in the bag with it in its own Mylar sleeve. Read it again just the other day... good stuff. :cloud9:

So defensive hm

So defensive hm

That wasn't defensive at all. Why so confrontational? (shrug)

Re-read it, it is.

:screwy: Jim doesn't need me in his defense, but WTF are you talking about? Bob makes a nice "feel good" thread about collecting, and Watson responded with another feel good post. You should re-read it. He comes across like somebody who truly enjoys collecting comics.

Re-read it, it is.

:screwy: Jim doesn't need me in his defense, but WTF are you talking about? Bob makes a nice "feel good" thread about collecting, and Watson responded with another feel good post. You should re-read it. He comes across like somebody who truly enjoys collecting comics.

Bob makes a nice "feel good" thread about collecting, and Watson suddenly feels the need to explain why it's ok that he collects slabs.