• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ian Levine - A Great Comic Collection??

76 posts in this topic

A guy at work came over to me today and asked me if I'd heard of Ian Levine.....who apparently owns one of the most extensive DC comic collections around.

Christine's is better. :devil:

Not anymore. Ian has Supergear now.

A guy at work came over to me today and asked me if I'd heard of Ian Levine.....who apparently owns one of the most extensive DC comic collections around.

Shameless self-plug! :D

A guy at work came over to me today and asked me if I'd heard of Ian Levine. I hadn't. Apparently he was a Northern Soul record producer who apparently owns one of the most extensive DC comic collections around.

I was quite skeptical so did a bit of Googling and a lot of hits were from CPG where he apparently is/was a member. I was just curious if anybody else had heard of him or knew of this collection. Am I just being dumb?

Gav, here's another Levine thread and this one gets quite amusing. :grin:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=333878&fpart=1

Shameless self-plug! :D

You expected less? :banana:

I'll give you the Coles notes version of his quest:

- If you tracked a book down for him you were held in the highest regard.

- If you tried to sell a book that he needed desperately but were asking "too much" according to Ian's take on market value you were lower than pond scum and usually he would start a thread and he would go on to berate that individual on these boards.

:whistle:

It's a fake. :gossip:

I'll give you the Coles notes version of his quest:

- If you tracked a book down for him you were held in the highest regard.

- If you tried to sell a book that he needed desperately but were asking "too much" according to Ian's take on market value you were lower than pond scum and usually he would start a thread and he would go on to berate that individual on these boards.

:whistle:

I remember those threads well :luhv: Very entertaining

No it isn't.

No it isn't.

How much did you bleed him for it and can to send me an ashcan version?

Reading all those threads about Ian Levine it sounds like the DC completion couldn't have been accomplished by a more undeserving person. Very awesome collection however. 40 years! Who else has done this?

kinda reminds me of a guy thats trying to complete some Marvel runs. Gets what he wants and Goodbye!

BTW this isn't someone on the boards I'm referring to, just a local. a very annoying local. The kind of person that looks at peoples want lists at comic shows, tells them that he owns everything that they're looking for, even doubles than hands their lists back.

Reading all those threads about Ian Levine it sounds like the DC completion couldn't have been accomplished by a more undeserving person.

Oh you just wait and see if he posts in this thread. lol The Wheels are in Motion.

I couldn't be bothered to read the other threads - somebody tell me what his problem is.

No it isn't.

Allright...I made that part up.

But, his Double Action is most horribly overgraded book I've even seen. :grin:

Reading all those threads about Ian Levine it sounds like the DC completion couldn't have been accomplished by a more undeserving person.

Oh you just wait and see if he posts in this thread. lol The Wheels are in Motion.

I couldn't be bothered to read the other threads - somebody tell me what his problem is.

me, mate...it would be quicker to read the other threads. (thumbs u