• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in your Bronze Variants collection

503 posts in this topic

New to the boards here...recently was able to find a few copies of some 35 cent variants.

DSCF9082.jpg

Picked this one up from Ebay

DSCF9079.jpg

Picked this one up from an older man at the flea market. He told me he had a bookstore so i stopped by to check it out and was overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in the place. Comics, toys, books and magazines busting out of the tiny store. You could be in there for weeks going thru things...many treasures to be found. Unfortunately after only three visits he was shut down by the city for fire code violations and doesn't look like it will opening anytime soon.

New to the boards here...recently was able to find a few copies of some 35 cent variants.

Picked this one up from an older man at the flea market. He told me he had a bookstore so i stopped by to check it out and was overwhelmed by the amount of stuff in the place. Comics, toys, books and magazines busting out of the tiny store. You could be in there for weeks going thru things...many treasures to be found. Unfortunately after only three visits he was shut down by the city for fire code violations and doesn't look like it will opening anytime soon.

Welcome to the boards!

What part of the country are you from?

this is one of three issues i picked up poly-packed when i was but a wee lad. always thought these were cheap knock-offs of the originals.bATMAN.jpg

Well, essentially they were cheap knock-offs of the originals. Not that there's anything wrong with that! :baiting:

Thanks for posting! Where are the pics of the other 2 that came in the package with this one?

Those are #s 306 & 307 and would have been published about 1.5 years before #323. Hmm, seems unlikely that those could have come out of the same 3-pack. I do have confirmed sightings of #306, 307, & 308 all in the same 3-pack.

But I can't rule it out by saying what other comics have been seen in the same pack with a Batman #323! Interesting.... hm

Are the guys at STLComics alright? they seem to be a little behind with the site. hm

The guys are all ok.

The site had some problems and crashed.

We lost tons of data (months and months and months), plus the site was down for along time. We have never recovered.

It is not like we had tons of people posting or anything, but we lost even things that normal board members were unable to see. We lost research, input from some great people, and it put a huge hole in my variant tracking threads.

As we are just fans of the hobby, and there is no real gain to what we do (other than personal satisfaction), it has been difficult especially for me to jump back in and pick up with such a huge gap in the middle.

It has been easier to just be a collector for awhile. Who knows? We are still working on several projects, and a new gallery is almost ready for unveiling.