• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in your Bronze Variants collection

503 posts in this topic

I also passed on some 30 cent variants. I either did not like the grade or the price.

That is like my third or fourth IM 89 found in the wild. That book is tough and made my whole day.

Where was this? Lucky bastich.

I also passed on some 30 cent variants. I either did not like the grade or the price.

That is like my third or fourth IM 89 found in the wild. That book is tough and made my whole day.

Where was this? Lucky bastich.

not sure if I should tell you :baiting:

I had been there before, went through all the books, and picked out the variants. I was not expecting anything this time, but in the months since I had been there last, there were a bunch of new books added.

wash, rinse, repeat :roflmao:

besides, it is great to look at comics the whole time your wife looks at antiques--

You should have seen all the DC whitmans I passed on. Dude had supes, WW, Bats, Action, DCP, and others. He just wanted more than I wanted to pay for midgrade commons.

:cry:

But you're probably right about passing if they're overpriced. I've done so,

passing up ratty copies of some issues that I've spotted in the bargain bins.

Not new to my collection, just re-discovered. That is, if it is even a variant or a direct sale instead. any help? (shrug)scanIM1190001.jpg

I pick up the white UPC marvels out of dollar boxes anytime I can. They are definately some kind of variant.. There are a couple of opinions on this, but I say it is a Whitman variant.

Not new to my collection, just re-discovered. That is, if it is even a variant or a direct sale instead. any help? (shrug)scanIM1190001.jpg

I pick up the white UPC marvels out of dollar boxes anytime I can. They are definately some kind of variant.. There are a couple of opinions on this, but I say it is a Whitman variant.

Probably.

I would guess...and I've said this before, and it's just a logical guess, not a statement...that the BLANK UPCs were printed specifically for 3-Packs, while the diamonds WITH UPC were for the fledgling Direct Market, whether distributed by Whitman (which doesn't make a lot of sense, but it was a weird time), or Seagate, etc.

Probably.

I would guess...and I've said this before, and it's just a logical guess, not a statement...that the BLANK UPCs were printed specifically for 3-Packs, while the diamonds WITH UPC were for the fledgling Direct Market, whether distributed by Whitman (which doesn't make a lot of sense, but it was a weird time), or Seagate, etc.

(thumbs u