• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: ASM 2 RESTORED & JIM 113! FF 39 ADDED...NICE COPY!

11 posts in this topic

ASM 2

As is the case with books of this nature, they're a bit tougher to grade for me, but I think it grades out at a 3.5 Restored...overall cover appearance of a 4.0...perhaps borderline 4.5 but with the accumaltive defects I think 3.5 is about right (please see my extensive grading notes).

And the other difficult part is trying to come up with a fair price...GPA is all over the map (not that it's the bible, but...) for this book in restored/trimmed...here's what I find (all are restored or trimmed sales price data)...

3.0 $203 Nov 08

3.5 $380 May 07

4.0 Trimmed $315 Aug 06

4.0 $449 Jul 04

4.0 Trimmed $334 Mar 04

4.0 $183 Jan 03

4.5 Trimmed $544 May 07

Put that all in a blender and what I originally paid for the book (needless to say bought it as unrestored and trying to return book/get refund ended badly) and my price is...

$299 SHIPPED

Satisfaction is guaranteed book in hand and you would have 7 days to return for a full refund!

Shipping: Free USPS Priority Insured USA. Canada add $10 bucks, insurance extra (or I will do exact cost less $10 bucks). Elsewhere add $20 bucks or exact cost less $10 bucks.

Payment: PP or MO or personal check.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2

MAY 1963. “The VULTURE!” and “The TERRIBLE TINKERER!”

First Vulture! First Terrible Tinkerer! (Two separate stories.)

Stan Lee story. Steve Ditko cover/art.

VG- Restored. Pieces added/tear seals, color touch front cover.

I’m not an expert but I believe the front cover has been married to the back cover with about an 1/8-1/4-inch strip of the back cover lapped to the front cover with this cover spliced there…you can’t tell from the front cover but you can tell from the inside cover. And the cover has multiple infill pieces added along the top, bottom and right edges and two tear seals at the bottom edge. The color touch is what I would categorize as extensive. The back cover has two transverse tears at the center left edge, the top one about ¾-inch and the bottom one about a ¼-inch and it appears the top tear was sealed/glued. (See inside cover scan as well which shows a lot of the pieces added and the two tear seals.)

The front cover is quite rumpled but presents well if not held up to harsh light. There is some color loss/abrasion at the logo and there are some light creases at the top right corner area and along the bottom spine area…the top and bottom edges have quite a few ticks and small transverse tears. The back cover has the two tears mentioned, similar rough top and bottom edges, small tears at the staples, light tanning, a deep crease at the bottom left corner and a small stain at the bottom right margin near spine. Interior back cover is lightly tanned…not too bad. Centering is excellent and the overall structure is solid with tight rust-free staples…centerfold secure. Nice cover colors still retaining a nice/medium level of gloss.

Interior pages are off-white to just lightly tanned at the perimeter and in real decent shape…Page 7 has a curving tear at the bottom center…starts vertical and then curves left about 1-inch long total…next two pages have about 3/8-inch transverse tears at bottom edges. Page 2/3 of the Terrible Tinkerer story has a 3/8-inch transverse tear at bottom edge…Page 6 has a 1-inch transverse tear at the bottom edge…COMPLETE!

Has a cool full-page ad drawn by Jack Kirby advertising the Fantastic Four (shows their magazine logo), Thor appearing in Journey Into Mystery, The Amazing Spider-Man, Iron-Man (original yellow armor) appearing in Tales of Suspense, Ant-Man appearing in Tales to Astonish and the Human Torch appearing in Fantastic Four and Strange Tales!

OSPG $692 in VG grade.

img503.jpg

img504.jpg

img505.jpg

ASM2ADPAGE.jpg

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY WITH THE MIGHTY THOR

FEB 1965. “A WORLD GONE MAD!” Tales of Asgard story “THE BOYHOOD OF LOKI!”

Stan Lee story. Jack Kirby cover/art.

FN - 5.5. OK…another real nicely presenting book for the technical grade. Minimal spine with some light small scuffing marks next to Thor’s hammer…little bits of color loss at top edge…teeny creases at top and bottom right corners…little chip at right edge by the Grey Gargoyle’s head (there’s a couple other miniscule chips that are hard to pick up until you open the cover and look from the inside)…hint of abrasion/micro-chips out of top and bottom spine corners and an 1/8-inch transverse tear at center bottom edge just right of Doc Blake’s left shoe. Vivid cover colors/gloss! Back cover is in nice shape with some light tanning at perimeter and some rack/storage stress along spine and some soft NCB indentations around the bottom right margin…black dot in the middle of the coupon, lower right, appears to be production-related. Interior covers have just enough tinting to mention, a little darker at the perimeter. Splash page has a LCS “$ .75” stamp at the upper right margin.

Structure is solid…book is near perfectly centered with tight shiny rust-free staples offset to the back cover…centerfold rigidly attached…book lays flat. Interior pages are off-white to lightly tanned at the perimeter…COMPLETE!

2009 OSPG $45 in FN grade.

ASK PRICE $29 SHIPPED!

JIM113FC.jpg

JIM113BC.jpg

Tom, you know your sales threads are some of my favorites when it comes to presentation / info disclosure. Always well-done man. :)

Now post some low grade, GA Bats and Supes so I can financially irresponsible! lol:devil:

FANTASTIC FOUR 39

JUNE 1965. “A BLIND MAN SHALL LEAD THEM!” Doctor Doom…Daredevil…FF at its finest hour! Stan Lee story. Jack Kirby cover/art. OSPG notes Wood inks on Daredevil (early x-over).

Another tough book…8.0-ish front cover…not so (heavy creasing) back cover…a couple of light, just breaking color creases top right corner area…a hint of color loss bottom right corner…and a little hairline of abrasion at bottom spine corner/edge. Top edge has some color loss/wear due to hairline overhang…otherwise right edge/bottom edge and spine are super clean…bold cover color/gloss. Back cover has this heavy creasing thing going on…hard to understand it…doesn’t transfer into the book…really weird, in fact in the right light the back cover looks in great shape. Solid structure..near perfect centering with slight uniform overlap to the back cover…book lays dead-flat, tight shiny staples slightly offset to the back cover are rigidly attached, centerfold as well.

Interior covers are a uniform light fade…interior white to off-white are basically in perfect condition…COMPLETE!

2009 OSPG $60 in FN grade…$143 in VF grade.

My grade 6.5.

ASK PRICE 59 SHIPPED!

FF39FC.jpg

FF39BC.jpg

Tom,

Congratulations on your daughters graduation. :applause:

Also sorry about having to pay for brunch for 17.

John

Thanks John...2 down 2 to go (as far as college graduations go...)...

SPECIAL GRADUATION PRICE REDUCTION

The rest of this weekend 10% off any book...20% off if you buy all three! :headbang: