• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo C2E2 + April16-18, 2010 + McCormick Place

1,036 posts in this topic

I am finding the closest hotels are still about two miles from the convention center.

Doc, I'm sure the Chicago guys can get into more detail, but I believe that McCormick sites by itself just passed Soldier Field Parking. So, there probably aren't any hotels that are really close like the Stephens Center. Shuttles or cabs might be required. I'm not sure if there is a hotel attached to the center or not.

Forumites can try booking this hotel. I booked it Aug. 1/09. About 8 block hike to McCormick. 2nd closest hotel to con center.

Just booked the renovated (thumbs u Chicago South Loop hotel for C2E2 for $99 US/night + 15.4% taxes at Expedia.ca. Took advantage of the current strong Loonie against the US greenback. 2 queen beds, free parking, hike to Chinatown. They have a 10 passenger van that will hopefully shuttle us to McCormick else take the bus. They have a business center to check the forums, eBay. :foryou:

I am finding the closest hotels are still about two miles from the convention center.

Doc, I'm sure the Chicago guys can get into more detail, but I believe that McCormick sites by itself just passed Soldier Field Parking. So, there probably aren't any hotels that are really close like the Stephens Center. Shuttles or cabs might be required. I'm not sure if there is a hotel attached to the center or not.

Exactly, Wes. It's south of downtown near 31st street, bypassing all of the hotels. So the nearest ones (aside from the Hyatt? adjacent to McCormick Place) will be a little ways away.

Exactly, Wes. It's south of downtown near 31st street, bypassing all of the hotels. So the nearest ones (aside from the Hyatt? adjacent to McCormick Place) will be a little ways away.

Who's the bozo who built it so far away from the hotels? Hello.....convention centres and hotels should be close together.

The real question is if Greektown is closer or not?

xoxo

greggy

If you click on the "hotels" tab on the C2E2 website is says "comic soon".

Do you think it's possible that C2E2 has a block of rooms reserved at the McCormick Place Hyatt and that they're going to make them available at special rates through the C2E2 website?

Something to think about.

If you click on the "hotels" tab on the C2E2 website is says "comic soon".

Do you think it's possible that C2E2 has a block of rooms reserved at the McCormick Place Hyatt and that they're going to make them available at special rates through the C2E2 website?

Something to think about.

thats what a I and couple of people were thinking over the weekend --

Venus is much closer from McCormick.

Can't we pick a different place? :wishluck:

+1 ( not that theres anything wrong with Venus :cloud9:)

by being downtown -- isnt the world at our feet - so to speak - concerning food choices

Well, aside from the fact that it's the annual GREEKTOWN dinner :makepoint:, I've eaten in most of the other restaurants and Venus has the best food of all of them. You can find any kind of restaurant you like downtown, but trying to find one that'll accommodate a large group like ours and that everyone will be happy with the food is quite a task.