• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo C2E2 + April16-18, 2010 + McCormick Place

1,036 posts in this topic

April 8-10, 2011 lakeside at the mccormick

Was this announced? They just sent me a survey yesterday...why would they book it when they just sent the surveys out? I guess I understand the logistics of booking it early, but don't try to placate me with some survey if it doesn't mean anything.

it was in previews this month

That sucks . I barely glanced over my previews...I hope it can still be changed.

Hi Carcrawford,

I know we are keeping April but do not know if it is the weekend of the 8th or 15th or . . .

His comment was in regards to the venue, not the dates.

April 8-10, 2011 lakeside at the mccormick

Was this announced? They just sent me a survey yesterday...why would they book it when they just sent the surveys out? I guess I understand the logistics of booking it early, but don't try to placate me with some survey if it doesn't mean anything.

it was in previews this month

That sucks . I barely glanced over my previews...I hope it can still be changed.

Hi Carcrawford,

I know we are keeping April but do not know if it is the weekend of the 8th or 15th or . . .

His comment was in regards to the venue, not the dates.

(thumbs u Dr. Watson...the veune flat out sucks (IMO)!

I had no problems with the venue and found it quite comfortable.

And had no problems with getting back and forth form McCormick due to the shuttle buses that ran every 15 mins to my hotel.

I liked the fact that I was in Downtown Chicago since I could go do stuff after hours. There's nothing like taking a walk in downtown Chicago at night - the city is alive. I felt like was in a cleaner NY.

I don't want to be in a hotel by the airport.

The hotels were not expensive - Especially for you grown men that shared 2-4 people to a room. (Never me) lol stop complaining, we're adults, learn how to use CC points for things like this. lol

I DID HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE VIP PASS!

I'll be back next year.

And had no problems with getting back and forth form McCormick due to the shuttle buses that ran every 15 mins to my hotel.

I liked the fact that I was in Downtown Chicago since I could go do stuff after hours. There's nothing like taking a walk in downtown Chicago at night - the city is alive. I felt like was in a cleaner NY.

The hotels were not expensive - Especially for you grown men that shared 2-4 people to a room. (Never me) lol stop complaining, we're adults, learn how to use CC points for things like this. lol

I'll be back next year.

+1 Thought it was great and had no problems either. Our downtown hotel was a great location and price. The cab ride to the convention was on average only $6-$8.

You aren't the typical convention attendee.

He's not as genteel as he puts on. You should see him devour White Castle. :eek:

Due to an In and Out withdrawal?

I'll be back next year.

My feelings exactly. Hotel was great, reasonably priced, quick inexpensive cab ribe or shuttle bus... but that VIP pass was NOT worth the price.

Still a bit annoyed by it.

I'll be back next year.

My feelings exactly. Hotel was great, reasonably priced, quick inexpensive cab ribe or shuttle bus... but that VIP pass was NOT worth the price.

Still a bit annoyed by it.

Totally agree on the VIP pass! Loved the show though and will be back next year, but not as a VIP...

The differences between dealers and attendees. Never said the hotel was expensive, thought it was quite reasonable and perfect as i have never been in the city itself. The parking for two vans added up though. To me, that is an unnecessary expense. Had two rooms for 3 people.

However, I thought the VIP pass was not a problem. :grin:

He's not as genteel as he puts on. You should see him devour White Castle. :eek:

Or double layer pizza :eek: :eek:

The Thursday night in question after the Mankhe signing at Challenger's. Sean was nice enough to find me a White Castle since I hadn't had it in over 10 years.

2010-04-16002423.jpg

The Thursday night in question after the Mankhe signing at Challenger's. Sean was nice enough to find me a White Castle since I hadn't had it in over 10 years.

2010-04-16002423.jpg

Wow. Knowing the aftereffects of a night of whities that room must have smelled beautiful after that.

You probably gave the bathroom a workout too, right? ;)

2010-04-16002423.jpg

Wow. Knowing the aftereffects of a night of whities that room must have smelled beautiful after that.

You probably gave the bathroom a workout too, right? ;)

You know what? I was half expecting that to be the case but I had no issues all weekend long no matter what I ate while in Chicago. If anything I was dehydrated from all the walking around. I swore I drank two 32 oz Gatorades after I got back to L.A.

Sliders are a unique food group unto themselves.......

Sliders are a unique food group unto themselves.......

First time I saw a slider was at a place in Port Huron.

There was a burger joint selling them for $0.25 a pop. It was the funniest thing I'd seen in a restaurant.

lol