• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling a couple of nice Fiction House...

26 posts in this topic

:)

Hi..I need to sell a couple of books to pay for some Auto repair work and as much as I hate to see these go... :cry: I'm a little short right now... (shrug)

So....since I need the money right away.....I will need payment via Paypal on these...also all the usual rules apply....the first one that says :takeit: wins the item. PM's are considered....but the first :takeit: takes it. I will pay the shipping (Priority Mail) and insurance on these books as a "thank you for helping me out" gesture. Only offering a couple of books since that's the amount of money I will need...so

OK...the first book.....

Jumbo #43 (Sept. 1942)....This is one of the rarer books in the Jumbo line. It's a Gerber 7 and to be honest that's probably about right, because I don't see this book popping up for sale very often. Off-White to Cream at the edges. A nice copy VF- (7.5). Better in hand than the scan can show...Asking $270.00.

:news: price reduced.....$225.00. Final Reduction...

Jumbo43-1.jpg

This book is another tough book...especially in the higher grades....

Jungle #26 (Feb. 1942) great cover by Zolnerowich (my favorite Fiction House cover artist) and this is the "Pennsylvania" Pedigree copy. Off-White pages and in VF- (7.5).

Asking $315.00.

:news: Price reduction: $270.00.

jungle2675penncopy.jpg

Ok...I'm going to add a few more books for sale.....

In keeping with Jungle theme....Here is Lorna #19...excellent copy...cover by Joe Maneely and purchased as an (8.0) copy. It's really very nice..but you can see a few little creases on the spine...again looks better in person and the scans I use are extra large so they do magnify the flaws a bit. Anyway because of that I'll call it a 7.0 copy and take the loss. Hard to find...asking $ :news: This book is SOLD.

lorna19.jpg

One of the better Tarzan covers of the Tip Top run.....especially because it's black also hard to find in higher grades...This is Tip Top #41 from Sept. 1939. This copy is in FN (6.0) condition. Asking $ :news: this is SOLD!!!!!

41-1.jpg

Another Tarzan Tip Top...this one is one of the top two covers in the entire run for me (the other being #13), anyway....Tip Top #36 from April 1939...(features the 1st published comic book work by Kurtzman...but if you blink you'll miss it lol ). This copy is in FN (6.0) condition. Asking $180.00.

:news: This book is SOLD!!!!

36.jpg

One of the better Tarzan covers of the Tip Top run.....especially because it's black also hard to find in higher grades...This is Tip Top #41 from Sept. 1939. This copy is in FN (6.0) condition. Asking $135.00.

41-1.jpg

:takeit:

One of the better Tarzan covers of the Tip Top run.....especially because it's black also hard to find in higher grades...This is Tip Top #41 from Sept. 1939. This copy is in FN (6.0) condition. Asking $135.00.

41-1.jpg

^^ Thanks Bob.....

41-1.jpg

^^ Thanks Bob.....

My pleasure. Your copy looks better than the "VF" on Metro's site. :grin:

Another book..you rarely see....Picture Progress #9 (Hawaiian Islands)from May 1954. These were used in schools as teaching aids....and this copy comes with the Teacher's Supplement..making it even more rare since most of these issues do not have the supplement.

Decent copy in FN (6.0) condition....asking $27.99.

pictureprogress9.jpg

pictureprogress9teacherssupplemnt.jpg

Any mid grade Planet Comics you are thining of selling?

Sorry no Planets today...I only own three..and I want to try and keep them a little while longer....just trying to get enough cash to get the work done on my car...Thanks though for asking.... (thumbs u

I made a price reduction on the two Fiction House books and Tip Top #36.....The original price was what I had paid for them....so I'll take a little loss now if I must....This will be the final price reductions. (shrug)