• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Batman 2 and Detective Comics 69 and Adams books, slabs etc.

45 posts in this topic

Title says it all, only listing these two for now. I'm not in a super rush to sell either... because they're both great books and it's possible I will add them to my collection if they don't move. First :takeit: wins, and prices include domestic free shipping (I will, at a minimum, split international shipping). If you want to make an offer on both books, I'd certainly listen via PM, but I think the prices are pretty fair.

I'll put up both books in a few minutes. Both books are unrestored. Obviously it goes without saying that any resto found would warrant your full money back.

I may list a few more books later, we'll see how it goes. Books up in a few minutes.

Batman 2 VG (o/w or better pages)

$2750

Batman2.jpg

Just for fun...

Dr. Guy T. Holcombe Jr., 76, of Oxford, died on Thursday, July 15, 2004 at his home. Born on June 27, 1928, he was the son of the late Dr. Guy T. Sr. and Jenie F. Moser Holcombe. Dr. Holcombe practiced medicine in Oxford from 1958 until the time of his retirement in 1990. During that time he delivered over 2,000 babies in the Oxford area. He was a graduate of Oxford High School, Dickenson College and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. He served as a physician in the U.S. Navy from 1956 to 1958, where he was detailed to the U.S. Marine Corp in Quantico, Va. He was a member of the Chester County Medical Society and the Pennsylvania Medical Society. He served on the Board of Directors of the Industrial Valley Bank from 1964 to 1986 and on the Board of Directors of the Peoples Bank of Oxford from 1989 to 2000. He sat on the Board of Directors of the Oxford Cemetery Association from 2002 to 2004. He was a member of Oxford Masonic Lodge #353, Harrisburg Consistory 32, Zembo Shrine. He was a Life Member of the Oxford Fire Company. Dr. Holcombe was an avid hunter and fisherman and a longtime fan of the Baltimore Colts and Orioles. He is survived by his wife of 50 years, Helen Cochran Holcombe; three sons, Guy Holcombe III and his wife Vicki of Alexandria, Va., Curtis Holcombe and his wife Lee of Rising Sun, Md. and Chester Earhart and his wife Ruth of Quarryville; a daughter, Lynn Johnston and her husband David of New London; six grandchildren, Gammon, Justin, Joshua, Benjamin, Ellie and Rhianon and one great grandchild. He was preceded in death by a sister, Betty Grier. At Dr. Holcombes request, funeral services will be for family members only. Interment will be private in the Oxford Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Holcombe Collection at the Oxford Public Library, 48 Second Street, Oxford, PA or the American Cancer Society, 1615 West Chester Pike, Suite 102, West Chester, PA 19382. Arrangements are being handled by Edward L. Collins Funeral Home Inc., Oxford.

ASM 39 -- not sure how to grade this one, it's a gorgeous book, but for the rub on the spine and some light foxing along the spine of the back cover. Great colors and no surface wear, tight, sharp book.

$100

ASM39-5.jpg