• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics 252 (1st Supergirl) CGC 5.0 C-OW - Thread CLOSED

38 posts in this topic

CGC have generally been tough on '50s DCs for some reason...this book is no exception.

I think it might be due to the dust shadow on the back cover. Let's just say I was surprised at how low a couple of my books came back with similar damage, and I will avoid buying/slabbing books with dust shadows from here on out if possible.

I always assumed that CGC were quite lenient regarding dust shadows.

I had to call on this one because it looks 6.5/7.0.

Here are the CGC notes:

manufactured with no bottom staple

spine stress and wear that break color

6" top right front cover crease that breaks color

5" vertical crease goes thru Supergirl on cover that barely breaks color

light stains middle right front cover

light stains left edge of back cover

Overall, this one of the nicest looking 5.0s that you'll find, and I bet it's a 5.5 with a straight resub.

Brent

CGC have generally been tough on '50s DCs for some reason...this book is no exception.

I think it might be due to the dust shadow on the back cover. Let's just say I was surprised at how low a couple of my books came back with similar damage, and I will avoid buying/slabbing books with dust shadows from here on out if possible.

I always assumed that CGC were quite lenient regarding dust shadows.

It looks like they have been tightening up a bit recently regarding dust shadows and stains.

And now for some fun - the reason they are tougher on 50's DCs (and DCs in general) is because only DC fanboys know how to grade books accurately. :devil:

This book is, once again, available. :o

The buyer was willing to buy and I was willing to sell. But there was one detail for which we could not agree on a resolution that would meet both our concerns, and so we agreed to cancel our sale agreement.

Still asking $500 shipped with insurance.