• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Beautiful books, as always, Jim.  That Wyatt Earp 16 is a stunner!

Jack Davis did a handful of westerns for Marvel.  I like this Wyatt 21 the best.  It's a touch less "Mad" like, that is to say, cartoonish, which I prefer in this genre.

WyattEarp21f.thumb.jpg.36793c0457dbf0bcc78b4c11339e3348.jpg

Thanks Andy! I wish I could find more in that grade range, but it's been a number of years and I haven't seen any. Heritage had a few Church copies (which I got busy and lost track of), but they were only around the 7.5-8.5 condition range, which I would've happily taken, but by the time I got back to them, they'd already auctioned. I need to check if I have a copy of this 21. The cover doesn't look familiar to me. Nice looking book my friend!!!

On 7/9/2019 at 10:14 PM, crimson dynamo said:

Kinda of a wonky copy, but one of my top ten favorites from Kirby's western work.  It has an Avengers 16/ Amazing Spider-Man 33 type of feel and it has always been a tough one to locate above the mid grade range.  The interior Ayers art is not so bad and it also has a back up Kirby story reprinted from Rawhide Kid.

Scan0005.jpg

I absolute LOVE this cover!

Joe

So I just picked up my first Two Gun Kid 60 and waiting for it to arrive.  I am a big silver age Marvel collector with a mix of DC and a touch of pre hero monster and some golden and silver horror here and there. I understand that TGK 60 is important as a Marvel key since it is first appearance and origin of new TGK Matt Hawk asa Marvel book but does it make it more collectible that TGK 1? Also why is Raw Hide Kid 17 more important that RHK 1 if they are both Atlas? I keep hearing everyone say TGK 60 and RHK 17 are the keys? I understand RHK 17 tells the origin but RHK 1 is the first appearance? 

Pardon my ignorance. Please impart your wisdom if you have time. Thanks again!