• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, mikeyc67 said:

Two Gun Kid # 54 has the same stamp

IMG_1867.jpg

That's where you usually see it. I've got one with and one without. Nice lot Mike :cloud9:

8 minutes ago, mikeyc67 said:

Thanks Steve - can't help myself going fro these now when I see the LM stamp after being educated by yourself.

They're great books. Love em 

While higher grade early SA Marvel Westerns are tough to come by, I don't consider this book scarce per se. There's currently 4 copies on ebay, which is practically a bonanza. I also tend to think of the higher end Westerns as a niche market, so I would be hesitant to slab it expecting to make a killing, especially since outside of the Kirby cover there's not really anything notable about this issue. That said, some of the high end Western slab collectors may know better than I.

On Sunday, August 09, 2020 at 11:29 AM, Frederic9494 said:

Need your advice: got my hands on a Wyatt Earp 29 in very nice shape (solid VF candidate especially after a clean & press)

Apparently this comic is scarce. Is it worth slabbing?

WyattEarp29front.jpg

If you slab this book, I'd be an interested buyer! 

16 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Amazing accomplishment!  Help me understand, is assembling those other two runs difficult because you literally can't find copies of some of the books?  Since you're collecting raw copies, and you willing to buy lower grades just to fill the slots, or are you holding out for a specific minimum grade?

Thanks. Finding them in UK is the problem. Kid colt was not distributed in UK until #96, TGK until #54, westerns were not as popular as superhero titles so dealers nor collectors didn’t make the effort/expense to import them. Pre-internet these issues were rare to non-existent in UK. I’m not fussy about grade of westerns, if I was I wouldn’t have found more than a handful here. Of course I can now source them from all over the world but then shipping is often twice the cost of the comic and a mental barrier prevents me paying $50 for a $15 comic. 
Rawhide kid was distributed from #17 so fewer difficult issues to track down. To my mind it was generally the best read of the westerns so perhaps others thought the same and hence more copies in circulation here.