• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2020 at 2:39 PM, Robot Man said:

Finally got around to reading my new westerns. When I was done, I filed them away. When I got to Frontier Western, I noticed something odd. I had just purchased a #8 but when I went into the box to put it in order, I noticed an issue that one quick glance seemed like a dupe. I pulled out #10 and noticed something fun. Looks like John Severin decided to do a pair of shoot out covers. One with a Villain and one with a Sheriff. They are remarkably similar. They look cool together don't you think?

comwesternfrontier.jpg

That guy already has his gun out of the holster.  He'll probably win.

1 hour ago, mica said:

That guy already has his gun out of the holster.  He'll probably win.

Nah. He’s the bad guy. And because it’s an early issue, he’s going to actually get shot instead of having his revolver shot out of his hand.

1 minute ago, KirbyJack said:

Nah. He’s the bad guy. And because it’s an early issue, he’s going to actually get shot instead of having his revolver shot out of his hand.

What direction is the wind blowing?  I'd have to check the barometric pressure readings as well.  Still not convinced.  But if it's close to the weekend I suppose anything could happen.

Just now, mica said:

What direction is the wind blowing?  I'd have to check the barometric pressure readings as well.  Still not convinced.  But if it's close to the weekend I suppose anything could happen.

Good call. Hadn’t considered weather. If the Dew Point isn’t favorable, our hero could wind up with condensation in his powder.

On 11/14/2020 at 3:39 PM, Robot Man said:

Finally got around to reading my new westerns. When I was done, I filed them away. When I got to Frontier Western, I noticed something odd. I had just purchased a #8 but when I went into the box to put it in order, I noticed an issue that one quick glance seemed like a dupe. I pulled out #10 and noticed something fun. Looks like John Severin decided to do a pair of shoot out covers. One with a Villain and one with a Sheriff. They are remarkably similar. They look cool together don't you think?

comwesternfrontier.jpg

Absolutely.  If only there had been such a thing as variant covers back then, these would have been a perfect matched set.

2 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I might have to keep this stupid book .... it's in nice shape and has one of those neat covers by Kirby with Ditko inks. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

IMG_1211.JPG

You don’t have to keep it just because it’s got a cool Kirby cover with Ditko inks. 
Luckily for you, it turns out that those qualities make it eligible to be sent to my house.

1 minute ago, KirbyJack said:

You don’t have to keep it just because it’s got a cool Kirby cover with Ditko inks. 
Luckily for you, it turns out that those qualities make it eligible to be sent to my house.

You probably already have one :bigsmile: ... but it seems like I keep finding them in the western genre that I had never seen. There's nothing quite like stumbling onto a Kirby cover I've never seen. GOD BLESS...

30 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

You probably already have one :bigsmile: ... but it seems like I keep finding them in the western genre that I had never seen. There's nothing quite like stumbling onto a Kirby cover I've never seen. GOD BLESS...

Me too, I need to jump on the Western bandwagon before it’s too latE😷

1 hour ago, FoggyNelson said:

Me too, I need to jump on the Western bandwagon before it’s too latE😷

They’ve had a bump, but I think you still have time. The only one I’d stress about at all is Rawhide Kid 17.

And I definitely recommend a Rawhide Kid 17!