• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

Thank-you Jeffro. Is Tomahawk a good read vs. other D.C. Westerns and to the Marvel ones noted up above? Or isi t in a different in a different class since it's a frontier book? What other frontier books do you compare or reccomend?

img176.jpg

an early monster title? Certainly an un usual theme for a western, but then all the early 1960s marvel westerns are of the fantastic.

This one is a very badly restored copy, has ben virtually stitched back together.

Great story and cover.

img181.jpg

No. 35 is notable for being the very last comic book work of EC - Mad artist Jack Davis..A really nice issue.

img180.jpg

I love this one,...should be much moer popular as its actually the very first appearance of a character called Red Raven, some years before the return of the character in X Men. This guy isn't the same Red Raven, but it is a recycled character, very common with Stan Lee's work of course.

The Next one is

img179.jpg

A hilarious giant ape on the loose cover, which si if you look closely completely out of scale,,,,courtesy of Jack 'King' Kirby.

Thank-you Jeffro. Is Tomahawk a good read vs. other D.C. Westerns and to the Marvel ones noted up above? Or isi t in a different in a different class since it's a frontier book? What other frontier books do you compare or reccomend?

Tomahawk is a great read, one of my fave 50s titles of all time.

Tomahawk is a great read, one of my fave 50s titles of all time.

Much obliged kind sir. The cover art is fantastic on many I have seen. Some of the Star Spangled and World's Finest are great too. Tomahawk #1 in itself is a fantastic cover.