• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

So who is o**l (678)? I was bidding on those SA westerns and this guy blew me out of the water on all my bids. I was the under bidder on 4 of the auctions out of 5 I was trying to win.

Specificly the Gunsmoke Westerns, and Kid Colt 108 on ebay. I even went over guide. If its a boardie please let me know how they are in person, I was a little concerned a couple had moisture damage along the top and bottom edges.

I have no idea...I put a snipe on the Gunsmoke Western #70 (Last one I need!!!!) ...I bid 33.50...and thought that was a lock! :tonofbricks: Did you bid 68.53? And lose it??? I have no clue who that was...I hope those books are at least high grade! That guy also put a crazy bid on that Kid Colt #108...and Lost??? Crazy prices those books went for!

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

So who is o**l (678)? I was bidding on those SA westerns and this guy blew me out of the water on all my bids. I was the under bidder on 4 of the auctions out of 5 I was trying to win.

Specificly the Gunsmoke Westerns, and Kid Colt 108 on ebay. I even went over guide. If its a boardie please let me know how they are in person, I was a little concerned a couple had moisture damage along the top and bottom edges.

I hope whoever won them wanted them reeeeeeeeeeeeeally badly because they paid WAY more than they needed to. I don't believe any of them were VF as advertised. The scans were small and grade killer defects don't show up in scans that small. I saw enough problems to write off all but one as a possible VF.

I admit I bid high with my snipes. these two concerned me the most. I was hoping my snipes would've won and my fears unfounded. I hope for the buyer I am wrong.

The top edge of the Kid Colt looks like definite moisture damage. and the Two gun looks like a small tide line along the lower outer edge.

c3003.jpg

c404.jpg

Edited by BrianR

Yeah, I put in that snipe as well as others. I bid 113.00 on the Two Gun Kid 61 and thought there was no way I could lose. I was wrong.

Wow, and I thought I was a lock with my 33.50 snipe. :tonofbricks: Looks like the big boys are comming out for the Westerns. (worship)lol If you can take it easy on the next Gunsmoke Western #70 that comes along..... :grin::baiting:lol

How have I missed this thread?

I love Marvel Westerns almost as much as DC War. They provide an INCREDIBLE challenge to just about any type of collector, but especially high grade collectors, because the books simply don't exist.

Amazing Spiderman in high grade? All it takes is money.

Rawhide Kid #1-40 in high grade? Good luck.

Here's my Kirby run...took me 8 years to finish, and the #17 was the last one. Paid $55, advertised as "VG++++", it's a G/VG, and a steal at twice the price.

:cloud9:

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

Here's my pre-17 run...

IMG_2805.jpg

And here's some Timely/Atlas issues, including Kid Colt #5 (I have a #6 around here somewhere) and a Two Gun #7.

IMG_2806.jpg

Sorry for the awful pics.

Yeah, I put in that snipe as well as others. I bid 113.00 on the Two Gun Kid 61 and thought there was no way I could lose. I was wrong.

Wow, and I thought I was a lock with my 33.50 snipe. :tonofbricks: Looks like the big boys are comming out for the Westerns. (worship)lol If you can take it easy on the next Gunsmoke Western #70 that comes along..... :grin::baiting:lol

If one pops up on ebay let me know if you plan on bidding and I won't, I still have plenty of other issues to go after.

If one pops up on ebay let me know if you plan on bidding and I won't, I still have plenty of other issues to go after.

Thanks for the offer!

RockMAmadeus :o .....If you want to sell some of your doubles :foryou: Please let me know! Its not cool to hoard Marvel Westerns. :baiting:lol My want list will be forwarded! lol

Just picked this up at the post office.

RK41.jpg

Mmm mmm MMMM! That's TASTY!

Did you already post a #43 or #38? Those are my favs of the latter "early" run. In fact, I think #38 was the first one I ever bought, 10 years or so ago.

How have I missed this thread?

I love Marvel Westerns almost as much as DC War. They provide an INCREDIBLE challenge to just about any type of collector, but especially high grade collectors, because the books simply don't exist.

Amazing Spiderman in high grade? All it takes is money.

Rawhide Kid #1-40 in high grade? Good luck.

Here's my Kirby run...took me 8 years to finish, and the #17 was the last one. Paid $55, advertised as "VG++++", it's a G/VG, and a steal at twice the price.

I got my Rawhide Kid #17 in G for $40 at a LCS...I felt like I found gold when I saw it thumbing thru the back issue boxes... lol I had not had that feeling doing that since my youth...GREAT FEELING!!! Ohhhh, the smell of old comics!!! :cloud9:

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

:popcorn:

BTW, while the grading on the books in last night's auction may have been a little loose, they still appeared to be pretty sweet copies.

As basically raw collector and while grade is important I look at the visual appeal of the book more. That why while I had some concerns I still bid more than guide for those books.