• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

:popcorn:

BTW, while the grading on the books in last night's auction may have been a little loose, they still appeared to be pretty sweet copies.

As basically raw collector and while grade is important I look at the visual appeal of the book more. That why while I had some concerns I still bid more than guide for those books.

Yeah eye appeal is huge with me too. You said you won 1 auction last night. What did you get? (shrug)

And that Rawhide Kid #6 is sick...but you knew that. lol

:popcorn:

BTW, while the grading on the books in last night's auction may have been a little loose, they still appeared to be pretty sweet copies.

As basically raw collector and while grade is important I look at the visual appeal of the book more. That why while I had some concerns I still bid more than guide for those books.

Yeah eye appeal is huge with me too. You said you won 1 auction last night. What did you get? (shrug)

And that Rawhide Kid #6 is sick...but you knew that. lol

Not much, some lower and mid grade copies of Gunsmoke Western 49, 62, and a Two-Gun Kid 61. Not from these auctions,

Rawhide #17 is so incredibly difficult to find, and I don't *truly* understand why.

Granted, it's a #1 issue, but since it was #17, people didn't save it like a real #1. Granted. But #18 and #19 are far, far, far more common. I've seen maybe 10 copies of #17 or sale on eBay in the last 10 years or so, but #18 and #19 come up for sale about once every third month or so, on average, or about 4 times per year.

For perspective, Heritage has only sold 3 copies in the last 7 years (including the 5.5 for $54 in 2003, which JUST STEAMS ME.)

Rawhide #17 is so incredibly difficult to find, and I don't *truly* understand why.

Granted, it's a #1 issue, but since it was #17, people didn't save it like a real #1. Granted. But #18 and #19 are far, far, far more common. I've seen maybe 10 copies of #17 or sale on eBay in the last 10 years or so, but #18 and #19 come up for sale about once every third month or so, on average, or about 4 times per year.

For perspective, Heritage has only sold 3 copies in the last 7 years (including the 5.5 for $54 in 2003, which JUST STEAMS ME.)

:o Now that was a Niceeeee pick-up!!!

where'd this thread go?

It's waiting for my next image posting (tomorrow).

That Gunsmoke Western I bought off you on ebay is extremely nice for the grade. Its a great place holder. If I would've known it was you before the ebay purchase I would've tried to save you some fees.