• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

DSCF1801.jpg

Just got this one today...Not high grade but I still like it alot! :grin:

Congrats!

The Atlas Rawhide Kids are a VERY cool run because it's comprised of only 16 issues so completing the run is a less daunting task than completing an Atlas run of Kid Colt or Two-Gun Kid.

HOWEVER, even though it's only sixteen issues, try to put one together - it aint easy.

Unless I missed one (and it's possible) there's only a #6 available on eBay at the moment. There are more Outlaw Kid and Ringo Kid books for sale than Rawhide Kid. Furthermore, Metropolis has only three issues for sale.

Edited by MarkWoodcock

DSCF1801.jpg

Just got this one today...Not high grade but I still like it alot! :grin:

Congrats!

The Atlas Rawhide Kids are a VERY cool run because it's comprised of only 16 issues so completing the run is a less daunting task than completing an Atlas run of Kid Colt or Two-Gun Kid.

HOWEVER, even though it's only sixteen issues, try to put one together - it aint easy.

Unless I missed one (and it's possible) there's only a #6 available on eBay at the moment. There are more Outlaw Kid and Ringo Kid books for sale than Rawhide Kid. Furthermore, Metropolis has only three issues for sale.

:whistle: ......picked this up in a trade at the VA Comicon without hesitation. I always thought the cover was cool and they're TOUGH to find. The dealer had 2 copies....this mid grade and a vg- for 200 bucks. I've got a high price on it cause I'm not sure I even want to sell it. There's an 8.0 at the top spot on the census. This would be a definite keeper if it only had a Severin story. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

scan0007-9.jpg

That's a beauty Jimbo!!

The well has been dry for me when it comes the SA westerns, sadly it seems like there is more competition on Ebay as of late and the prices are starting to reflect it.

Edited by BrianR

Thanks Brian. I've got a buddy who owns a shop and picked up a boatload of Atlas westerns....they've been thinned out a bit, but there are still a lot of 5.0's left. A lot of them have a name neatly written on the cover but he's only asking half guide.as they get into the mid 60's there are quite a few VF's. I could get you his phone # if you're interested. They don't all have writing. I picked up a KCO 56, TGK 50,and TGK 52.....for 30 bucks, all sharp VG/F. The TGK's have 3 Severins in each :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a fiend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks Brian. I've got a buddy who owns a shop and picked up a boatload of Atlas westerns....they've been thinned out a bit, but there are still a lot of 5.0's left. A lot of them have a name neatly written on the cover but he's only asking half guide.as they get into the mid 60's there are quite a few VF's. I could get you his phone # if you're interested. They don't all have writing. I picked up a KCO 56, TGK 50,and TGK 52.....for 30 bucks, all sharp VG/F. The TGK's have 3 Severins in each :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a fiend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks, I may take you up on the offer after the holidays and I don't have to worry about family gifts.

Your Rawhide Kid #1 has been haunting me from the sales thread! lol I dont have the money for it...If i did..I might have either pulled the trigger or at least sent you an offer. You dont see this book for sale that much! Nice to see one listed on the boards! I am working on a Rawhide Kid set and I still need most of the low numbers. Your lower grade one sounds like it might be more in my price range.

I just put that on watch today....I was going to snag it and use it for trade, but I figured I'd just be getting in the way of another boardie. Looks like I was right.....You're gonna love this book. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. I would GLADLY pay $ 250 for a solid Fine with nice pages.