• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

Cool - interesting that Marvel's copy implies that Two-Gun Kid is a "new" character, not just new to the title.

I've always been intrigued by Gunsmoke Western as it spans the Atlas to Marvel transition, and yet was unknown to me as a title when I collected SA Marvels as a kid in the early 70s (not that I was that interested in Westerns, but I was aware of the characters and titles and owned a few SA Western books). Looking at the cover gallery it also seems to have a fair number of split covers where the two main features share the cover - presaging the earlier shared issues of TTA and TOS.

MAN.....That is overwhelming. Always loved that cover, one of my favorites in the run....you lucky dawg !! Any way you could PM me with what that beauty cost ? If not, I understand. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Just got this back from CGC. Pretty happy :whee:

RAWHIDE KID 19 Mass Copy White pages

12-21-10003.jpg

Now that is a book!!! :cloud9:

I would love to know the background as to how long you owned it, and where you may have found it.

Edited by BrianR

Just got this back from CGC. Pretty happy :whee:

RAWHIDE KID 19 Mass Copy White pages

12-21-10003.jpg

Now that is a book!!! :cloud9:

I would love to know the background as to how long you owned it, and where you may have found it.

I purchased it in July from Metro, no pressing. It just sat in a cold, dark, dry place waiting to be submitted. I would have been happy with it coming back an 8.0., as I usually do not put faith in most raw grades from major websites. All I can say is this , Metro has been getting some great books lately and if you are not persistent these gems will pass you buy. But I am preaching to the choir :kidaround:. I am just as excited about these books as I have ever been. :headbang: