• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

Probably true. While Marvel westerns may not ever be in demand like the hero books, I can see them hitting the pre-hero Marvel level.

.....the pre heros have Kirby and Ditko in almost every issue. I think that drives those prices. The westerns are still pretty neat, I like 'em. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Great point. I'll alter my statement to "Kirby westerns"!

You might also get additional demand from people collecting the later superhero runs of books like Strange Tales, TOS and TTA who also want the pre-hero books because they are completists. You wouldn't get that in the Westerns. 2c

I just wanted to ask...did anyone here win a Kid Colt #98 off ebay the other day. I wanted to set a snipe...and forgot... :tonofbricks: It sold for 13 bucks... :mad: :mad: :mad: and the copy looked niceeeee! :cry::cry::cry:

:banana:

:baiting:

I forgot about it, too.

doh!

Although I do have a slabbed copy and just wanted a reader.

lol I am real mad I forgot to throw a snipe on it! Thats one of those books that does not turn up very offen. :tonofbricks: :tonofbricks: :tonofbricks: Whats your graded one look like? :baiting:

Just won that one off Ebay. Gunsmoke Western #59!!! And with that one I have finished that run from #55 (12/59) thur 77 (7/63)...so that completes that title for me!!! :cloud9::headbang:

gunsmoke59.jpg[/img]

yep you outbid me on that one :slapfight:

Don't have it yet....but I just won this puppy. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

BLACKRIDER1.jpg

Congrats on that sweet copy!!

I was watching the other SA Westerns last night. Those were extremely strong prices.

some of the realized prices

Kid Colt 101 cgc 8.0 $409.67 surprised at the price with the miscut

Kid Colt 105 cgc 8.0 $303.00

Gunsmoke Western 64 cgc 7.5 $242.39

Rawhid Kid 27 cgc 8.0 $328.00

Rawhid Kid 36 cgc 9.0 280.00

Nice..crazy prices!!! Been looking for a Rawhide Kid #27...I saw that one and figured it would go real heavy...and I was very out of the running. I would have never been close to that!

Nice..crazy prices!!! Been looking for a Rawhide Kid #27...I saw that one and figured it would go real heavy...and I was very out of the running. I would have never been close to that!

Awww :censored: I missed out on a RHK 27 8.0. What auction site was that on?

THIS is what happens when I decide I want to start collecting them!

Maybe I should start collecting 60's Charlton car books and cause THEM to go through the roof!

I know the feeling! I hope the price guides take notice of these prices! Very under valued in Overstreet IMHO....not that any one respects that guide anymore... lol But midgrade copies selling for these crazy prices is nuts. Prices should go up across the board on these great books!!! :headbang: