• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

So I used to own three of the four Monsterns, but unfortunately this is the only one left.  Hoping to get an eventual upgrade of RHK 22 in the 8.0's raw or slabbed, but that search might take another couple of years.

I do love this issue though, the covers coloring and the focus on the witch doctor make it a classic.

KID COLT OUTLAW 100

Scan0008.jpg

Edited by crimson dynamo

47 minutes ago, crimson dynamo said:

So I used to own three of the four Monsterns, but unfortunately this is the only one left.  Hoping to get an eventual upgrade of RHK 22 in the 8.0's raw or slabbed, but that search might take another couple of years.

I do love this issue though, the covers coloring and the focus on the witch doctor make it a classic.

KID COLT OUTLAW 100

Scan0008.jpg

Put this and a high grade KC 102 next to each other. It’s magical. I like 107 too but 102 is great with the similar dark blue background 

19 hours ago, crimson dynamo said:

A Two-Gun Kid with the King's art on the cover as well as inside.

Scan0006.jpg

I love this book - here's my pence copy:

62.thumb.jpg.b7f495ef9ddfb31d5f5a44760dce230b.jpg

5 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

^ What is even happening in that picture?  He's 30 feet in the air for some reason?  Or he exists only in her imagination?

He's riding in on the west's biggest ever fart Lou :)

Here are a few low grade fillers which is what you typically find for the niche I am collecting.  You have Gunsmoke Western 59 with moisture damage bug chew etc.  Kid Colt 90 that was a trimmed and bound. You find a lot of books like this and need to be careful before you buy. I knew what it was when I bought it as it makes a decent place holder.  The last is Kid Colt 86.  I used to pass stuff like this as it wasnt good enough for my U.S. copies. I learned with foriegn book low grade is better than no grade as HG may never exist let alone being able to find another copy.

20190528_171226.jpg

20190528_171201.jpg

20190528_171138.jpg

Edited by BrianR