• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FIGHT AGAINST CRIME 20 decapitation cover raw 2.0 SOLD!!

22 posts in this topic

Here is a raw book i am trying to sell. $700 postage paid.I am asking a lot, but if it doesn't sell i may just get it slabbed and keep it. The major issue is that there are a few pages near the front where the bottom corners have been folded up. I could fold these back, but I'll leave that to someone else.

scan0001lyk.jpg

scan0002x.jpgfacpages.jpg

Wow. I'd grade that book about a 3.0 what with all the corner damage and spine roll and rusty staples and tears and dogears and what may be foxing and such

That means you're trying to get a NM- price, or about 7 times guide for a G-VG book.

I mean, good luck and all, but I don't know if it's THAT rare.

+1

This book is now, and will always be a hot book.

Why OS does not reflect this I have no idea.

Your price is steep but fine Trippy, GL with the sale.

Yes another book where Overstreet just doesn't cut it. According to them, Crime Suspenstories #22 in VG is a $74 book... despite consistently selling in the $400 range through C-Link. Good luck on the sale! Are the insides as grim as the cover?

Yes another book where Overstreet just doesn't cut it. According to them, Crime Suspenstories #22 in VG is a $74 book... despite consistently selling in the $400 range through C-Link. Good luck on the sale! Are the insides as grim as the cover?

This is actuallly one of the more gruesome pre-code crime books on the inside as well.

As far as the guide goes - this has been a 5-10x multiple of guide book for close to 15 years - and I don't recall seeing a copy in GD sell for less than $400 in the last ten years, and that's the low price. $750 for a 2.5 on CL doesn't sound out of line with other sales on this book. As with many HTF pre-code classic covers - it often commands higher multiples in lower grades than higher, as there is more competition in that price range.

And I agree looks closer to 3.0 than 2.0

As far as the guide goes - this has been a 5-10x multiple of guide book for close to 15 years - and I don't recall seeing a copy in GD sell for less than $400 in the last ten years, and that's the low price. $750 for a 2.5 on CL doesn't sound out of line with other sales on this book. As with many HTF pre-code classic covers - it often commands higher multiples in lower grades than higher, as there is more competition in that price range.

Been looking for this book at shows for 20+ years hoping I would see one where the person didn't know what they had and I could buy at Overstreet.............no such luck :cry:

Been looking for this book at shows for 20+ years hoping I would see one where the person didn't know what they had and I could buy at Overstreet.............no such luck :cry:

I lucked out around '92 and picked up a 5.0 from Harley Yee's catalog for $55 :D

There were a couple of years there when Harley didn't realize how hot some PC Crime and horror was getting, and would list stuff at guide or slightly over.

That's one of the things I like most about these Boards, there are tons of well-informed folks hereabouts that don't mind sharing their knowledge with the noobs and just the folks that hadn't heard about a particular book...like this one.

Had I stumbled over this one in a boxlot I would've listed it at Guide or a bit over and made someone VERY VERY happy, lol

WOW!

That is amazing - a very tough book.

I picked up a copy from Metro via ebay about 10 years ago. to give an idea of how off the guide was - it was a VG- copy which listed for around $20 - $30 in 4.0 at the time and I was thrilled after my bid tripped the reserve of $200 that nobody else bid after me - as my top bid was $300.

I can't imagine what a 9.4 would go for. I would be shocked if there was another copy as nice or nicer out there waiting to be slabbed.

BTW the cover is taken from a Bentley of Scotland Yard splash from an issue of Pep - I forget which issue, but Shield posted it on the boards a number of years back.