• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should Marvel bring Back Gwen Stacy

Gwen Stacy Alive or Dead  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Gwen Stacy Alive or Dead

41 posts in this topic

Yet another "let's appease the aging fanboys by dredging up more BA goodness" idea, which is exactly what Marvel has been doing for the past decade. To someone like Joe Q, a "new idea" means cribbing some What If's. doh!

Why don't these guys admit they have mined the What If vaults, killed off everyone they can, and retconned everything potentially interesting, and then close up shop.

Leave Gwen dead. Now that they FIXED the marriage solution by getting rid of it, ASM is finally one of the better books out there. Last thing we need is a Spider Man tied down again ruining the title like the marriage to MJ did. IMO Bring MJ back to NYC and Kill her off perma like. Solve the whole problem once and for all.

Face it tiger MJ is gone. yay

Gwen is one of my favorite characters from the book, but I voted no. I hate to see some insufficiently_thoughtful_person like Straczynski ruin the character further.

+1

Yet another "let's appease the aging fanboys by dredging up more BA goodness" idea, which is exactly what Marvel has been doing for the past decade. To someone like Joe Q, a "new idea" means cribbing some What If's. doh!

Why don't these guys admit they have mined the What If vaults, killed off everyone they can, and retconned everything potentially interesting, and then close up shop.

I view every book published after the 1st Secret Wars series as a 'What If'.

13 hours ago, Gwenlover said:

I cannot see what button is yes and what is no,  but I vote yes.  I am not subscribing to the current spiderman because she died

It's an old poll from 11 years ago. 

The only thing about her death I think they should change (or done differently) is before she dies, she learns the man she loves is also the man she hates. That would have really messed up Peter's mind.

Isn't Gwen Stacey Spidergwen in a different Universe?

Seems to me like Marvel writers enjoy destroying previous writers "life's work"

Imagine being an author like Tom Clancy and have a whole bunch of different authors coming along and using your characters and storylines in any way they deem fit?...oh wait.

15 hours ago, Gwenlover said:

I cannot see what button is yes and what is no,  but I vote yes.  I am not subscribing to the current spiderman because she died

I vote yes as well. Maybe this time she can get freaky with other members of the Osborn family.

They can bring her back if she's a clone of a parrellel variant universe android.

13 hours ago, Stooge McSchmuck said:
15 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

I vote yes as well. Maybe this time she can get freaky with other members of the Osborn family.

Now that you say this, do we know for sure that Norman's father is dead? hm

Who the hell knows who is alive and who is dead in comics anymore? The way they reboot and retcon and ignore decades of established continuity and change things for the movies and change who the person is behind the mask, I'm not sure how anyone can follow any of it anymore.