• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

can someone fill in little old colin on this whole 'Chew' phenomenon?

Crazy word of mouth + severe under ordering + great reviews + too much alcohol = Me spending 175$ on a comic that came out 2 weeks ago...

Edited by dikran

Just got back from a LCS, asked if they had any Chew #1 left, guy behind the counter is reading the last copy and lets me buy it. Owner said they will be getting more in this or next week though. Then went to another shop not far and the owner there said they were sold out but had a few more on order and that Diamond wasn't sold out (and it's not a 2nd printing) and he would be getting them in this Wednesday or next (he's putting two aside for me). So I'm a bit shocked to see the prices these are going for.

they must of been on the ball because the day after the original release, my lcs said they tried to order some as well and was told it was sold out! :P

Edited by bcruze

Just relaying what I was told today, I specifically ask the 2nd shop if it was a 2nd print and he said no, that Diamond still had more and then called his distributor on speaker phone but got the voice mail and left a message to call him. It's probably more likely both shops aren't aware of the new popularity and just didn't know, but I'm just relaying how it went for me today. By the way, was a quick read, but I liked the concept.

Just relaying what I was told today, I specifically ask the 2nd shop if it was a 2nd print and he said no, that Diamond still had more and then called his distributor on speaker phone but got the voice mail and left a message to call him. It's probably more likely both shops aren't aware of the new popularity and just didn't know, but I'm just relaying how it went for me today. By the way, was a quick read, but I liked the concept.

No offense intended, but that just ain't true - this is straight from Diamond's retailer site:

chew-diamond-info.jpg

That purple circle in front of the item code means "B/O Not Stocked" - which is standard for sold-out first prints of a book.

I asked in every comic shop I could find last weekend, and they all said we're re-ordering and should have them in a couple of weeks. It seemed pretty obvious to me then that it would be a second printing.

I've got a first print on the way, but I'l l pick the second print up to read. It's already added to my pull list, I wonder if the print runs will shoot up from now on?

Me too, I've been looking for a good new modern for a while to get my teeth into (bad pun I know). I've just added Greek Street from Vertigo to my pull list, no idea what it's like yet though. I'll review it when I've got 'em (thumbs u