• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay seller "TYBEANSTY" anybody dealt with him before?

229 posts in this topic

Did you see the bids on the Miller Daredevil's? Those are just insane compared to the real-world prices on those issues raw.

I can understand people going zany on keys, hoping to get a CGC 9.4 or higher, but WTF are common Moderns hitting $20-$30 each? confused-smiley-013.gif

Did you see the bids on the Miller Daredevil's? Those are just insane compared to the real-world prices on those issues raw.

I can understand people going zany on keys, hoping to get a CGC 9.4 or higher, but WTF are common Moderns hitting $20-$30 each? confused-smiley-013.gif

Nah...he has too many listings for me to keep up with stuff that I don't collect. I was just bidding to fill some holes in the runs that I was collecting. All I know that DCs are going for up to 2 times guide. 893frustrated.gif

I won something with a minimum bid earlier today, the invoice says his name is Peter Przysiezny of Lake Forest, IL.

Still waiting for a couple other bids to come in. . . 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I can't decide whether to throw $100 at the lottery today or $100 at this guy's auctions hoping to get the grades he assigned. The odds of winning at either game seem about even! makepoint.gif

I guess it's worth a shot since he takes returns... confused-smiley-013.gif

I figured the same thing. I'm high bidder on a bunch of his books, but I'm not expecting the grades he assigned. Some of the books look accurately graded, but it's tough to tell with those small scans.

i got a larger scan on the bats #222. nice looking book. has a potential of a 9.4 but i did see a few spine breaks that may knock it down. Pik was w/ a digital camera so tough to see the top o the book. Still a good price for it.

You can't really tell anyting from those scans,...they look nice, but there is no detail...

I think sellers like this have the right idea, but because of the technical hours required to scan a collection of books like he's selling, taking individual scans would take forever, and the angular shots taken with a digital camera make it difficult if not impossible to make an accurate determination!

I actually like the idea of using a digital camera. Its faster, and once you get the knack for it, you can actually produce very good quality photos of comic covers. In some cases, you can get the same level of detail as a scan.

One of the things I tinkered around with is an autozoom feature. Now the example below isn't the greatest, because I just took one of the low-quality, eBay filtered/compressed images from one of his auctions. Generally, the autozoom works really well with a high-quality image. The thing I like about this is with the right image, you can click anywhere on the image and zoom right in on the book - and not only that, because Flash uses high-compression filters on images it embeds into it, you end up saving file space on your server:

Click Anywhere on Image to Zoom In

great poo poo([!@#%^&^]-e is now filtered)mad.gifacclaim.gif joseph! is that free ware? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks supathumbsup2.gif

for my fellow forumites it is... flowerred.gif

The only catch is you will need Flash 5 or higher (30 day trial download) to work the asset; but if there are enough people interested, I can upload the .fla file, provide a few simple steps/instructions on how to work it in Flash.

Different seller, I was going to start a thread but had so many windows open...

blush.gifsorry.gif

Sweet...do we get to trash another dealer? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Go see the other thread I just made.

Looks an aweful lot like a shill to me.

Then again maybe it's just underbidder envy. tongue.gif