• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay seller "TYBEANSTY" anybody dealt with him before?

229 posts in this topic

The drunken sailors are out in force! 893whatthe.gif

Hulk 141

Many others I could list...

Man, some people sure have faith in this seller's ability to grade raw books.

I believe there is a Hulk #141 CGC 9.2 on Ebay now with a BIN of less than $200. So this copy would have to grade a 9.4 at a minimum for you to make any potential profit.

That's why i stayed away from all these,...EVERYTHING looks NM when it's shot small at an angle in 4mm mylar...

Well, I was thinking of bidding, keeping an eye on my onw impression of the grade (yes, I collect well-centered VF copies) but I knew the insufficiently_thoughtful_person speculators would be out in full force, driving the price to Guide multiples.

lots of RAW NM-/NM books up for auction? is his grading ACCURATE ? confused-smiley-013.gif

He had alot of books up about a year and a half ago. I bought a bunch. They were about 2.0 overgraded, on average. I think I returned a few, if memeory serves. Definitely overgraded, however.

Osbourne!

Are you sure your gona get the books off of him? It states in his listings that he flatly refuses to ship overseas? confused-smiley-013.gif

My snipes on his stuff were all missed, does anyone know what the Sub-mariner #1 and #8 went for, how about you DARTH?

Osbourne!

Are you sure your gona get the books off of him? It states in his listings that he flatly refuses to ship overseas? confused-smiley-013.gif

I sent him an email before bidding and he was agree to ship overseas...My french charm, maybe ? grin.gif

Good stuff!

Don't suppose you know what happened to the Subby #8? I had a very high snipe on that but wasnt tracking it mad.gif What was the final price? It couldnt have een above my snipe, did anyone else have problems with the last few senonds? (it was a 5 second snipe, and I missed out on a ton of other stuff too).

Thanks os! and can I say OMG 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I thought that was in the bag with a snipe of $201, and I thought I was crazy at that price for a RAW copy with sheite scans. OMG 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif Somebody give me a paper bag.

That Frankcastle HAS to be a shill! Thats just not right!

I guess I'm not the only mad fool in the world willing to 'trust' another Ebayers grading! foreheadslap.gif

Osbourne!

My snipes on his stuff were all missed, does anyone know what the Sub-mariner #1 and #8 went for, how about you DARTH?

I won 3 Subbys off him 20 NM-, 24 FN+, 31 VF for $24.50 and my snipe didn't even come into play for the 1's and the 8 - the digi-pics on those big $$$ keys are not inspiring confidence. Besides I still have your slabbed Subby 8 and I picked up some reader copies of 1 on the cheap in the past few weeks.

I bought a mid grade Lois Lane from him earlier last year and was happy with the grading. I'm crossing my fingers on this one...

Did fcastle get shilly with it...at first glance possibly, but it could be the same story as when that "green" guy was bidding crazy on SNE's lots last year? Or did we also conclude that was a shill?

Let me know if you need a US shipping buddy for any of his auctions...

First post, gotta weigh in - i emailed a few of the buyers on his feedback to ask what they thought and the response was that the grading was mostly accurate. i couldn't find anyone who won a NM listing to comment though. i sold a few hundred bucks in midgrade stuff last week so i spent that $ on ty's listings. i'm feeling spunky so i figured i'd take a chance. insane.gif

i found that my specific questions weren't answered with detail but instead just another copy of that photo. he said the books would be here in about a week and i'll post a followup then.

some of the stuff went crazy - the NM showcase 81 ended at $105 - crazy but tough as nails to find in true NM.

gotta plead not guilty - if you have facts put 'em up otherwise let's keep the talk professional, shall we? Baseless accusations are always the refuge of those without proof.

I've been thedongerneedfood for about 90 days, don't know of one before me. check my ID history for the rest.

Now back to topic - has anyone here actually won and received anything from tybeansty that you'd care to comment on? 893blahblah.gif