• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay seller "TYBEANSTY" anybody dealt with him before?

229 posts in this topic

see my posts above:

I won 3 Subbys off him 20 NM-, 24 FN+, 31 VF for $24.50 and my snipe didn't even come into play for the 1's and the 8 - the digi-pics on those big $$$ keys are not inspiring confidence. Besides I still have your slabbed Subby 8 and I picked up some reader copies of 1 on the cheap in the past few weeks.

I bought a mid grade Lois Lane from him earlier last year and was happy with the grading. I'm crossing my fingers on this one...

gotta plead not guilty - if you have facts put 'em up otherwise let's keep the talk professional, shall we? Baseless accusations are always the refuge of those without proof.

I've been thedongerneedfood for about 90 days, don't know of one before me. check my ID history for the rest.

Now back to topic - has anyone here actually won and received anything from tybeansty that you'd care to comment on? 893blahblah.gif

According to eBay you have been "thedongerneedfood" for over 9 months, not 90 days...

The alleged shilling talked about in this thread web page took place about 4 months ago...

User ID History for thedongerneedfood

User ID History Effective Date End Date

thedongerneedfood Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 Present

I have, I won an Uncanny X-men 103 from him graded as NM. Got to me VF at best. Not too terribly bad considering other deals of raw NM books ive gotten in the past soo, make the call. But I have worse horror stories.

Just beat back the snipe!

Too bad about the smudge at the top left side. But something about the cover inks on this book just lends itself to smudging at various places. Both of my current copies are no more than "Good." frown.gif

Overall happy with this purchase. I'll let y'all know when I have the book in hand. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, guys, no argument there, but I didn't mind paying full Overstreet for a book that's been harder-than-average to find in decent shape. (I'm also very forgiving of spine damage to these squarebound books...)

Just hoping the cover whites are as bright as the scan! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif My existing copies are pretty sad.

gotta plead not guilty - if you have facts put 'em up otherwise let's keep the talk professional, shall we? Baseless accusations are always the refuge of those without proof.

I've been thedongerneedfood for about 90 days, don't know of one before me. check my ID history for the rest.

User ID History for thedongerneedfood

User ID History Effective Date End Date

*** @genejuarez.com Tuesday, Jul 18, 2000 Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003

thedongerneedfood Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 Present

March 19th to present = 90 days? confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm curious if you've received your books yet? I got my VF+ from him today and the grading isn't bad (it's a VF book for the most part IMO), but the page quality is pretty crappy.

I was wondering if this is true of any other books from these auctions. For the record, I would have bought the book at the price I did either way (if the PQ was better or not). If the page quality is indicative of the other books, then I am glad I didn't win any NMs I bid on.

I'm curious if you've received your books yet? I got my VF+ from him today and the grading isn't bad (it's a VF book for the most part IMO), but the page quality is pretty crappy.

I was wondering if this is true of any other books from these auctions. For the record, I would have bought the book at the price I did either way (if the PQ was better or not). If the page quality is indicative of the other books, then I am glad I didn't win any NMs I bid on.

I'm curious to see what they look like as well. Won two lots last night and based on all the comments in this thread, it's got me wondering.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

I'm curious to see what they look like as well. Won two lots last night and based on all the comments in this thread, it's got me wondering.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I read this and realized I got the box yesterday - I had just let it sit there until this morning. I opened it up and found:

Sub-Mariner #20 Near Mint- Condition

Sub-Mariner #24 Fine+ Condition

Sub-Mariner #31 Very Fine Condition

All of there were accurately graded and I think the FN+ was undergraded a bit (at least it will be when I flip it as a VF+ wink.gif )

Would you like to see scans? I can do that later tonight. But the cover colors are DEEP and damn sexy - the interior page quality is mainly white, with offwhite just starting in on the edges... the books were packed well and used brand new bags and boards for mine...

I'd have to leave three glowing positives for him. The midgrade sale I had from him earlier in 2003 was just as satisfying. I hope your books are as nice as mine!

i rec'd an email to today form a "lurker" or forum member stating that he rec'd the books today and were overgraded. the buyer stated that the books were VF/VF+ at best but definitely not NM, and was glad he didn't win more auctions from him. i replied send them back for a refund and be happy that you weren't the high/winning bidder on the FF 112. blush.gifthumbsup2.gif

i rec'd an email to today form a "lurker" or forum member stating that he rec'd the books today and were overgraded. the buyer stated that the books were VF/VF+ at best but definitely not NM, and was glad he didn't win more auctions from him. i replied send them back for a refund and be happy that you weren't the high/winning bidder on the FF 112. blush.gifthumbsup2.gif

Not a surprise tongue.gif

Glad to hear it worked out well for you. Like I said, the book was structurally okay, save for the tanning effect on the pages and border of the cover. I would not mind it if it were constrained to the interior, but I shy away from a book that exhibits browning on the front or back cover. I was curious if other books were similar, I guess not (at least not in total).

When I looked again at the auction pic, you could see the slight browning on the top of the cover, but i just thought it was from the angle of the pic and the lighting (the inside cover is where you can really notice it). $10 is no biggie and I left positive feedback for a cool book at a cheap price.