• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay seller "TYBEANSTY" anybody dealt with him before?

229 posts in this topic

I was watching his Surfer 14 in "NM", and I'm now extremely glad I passed. It ended at $175 or something like that, and I doubt I would have gotten a NM or even a NM-.

I won two books: ASM #89 NM and ASM #63 NM-. The actual grades are ASM #89 VF/NM and ASM #63 VF. Not too bad, but not great either. He was prompt in his responses and sent me a partial refund for the misgrade. The books are pretty solid too, with nice eye appeal, no surface wear and very little spine stress at least on the #89. Just impact problems etc.

Brent

I won two books: ASM #89 NM and ASM #63 NM-. The actual grades are ASM #89 VF/NM and ASM #63 VF. Not too bad, but not great either.

That's about where I thought things would come out, but some of the prices being paid for NM- and NM copies were up there in the CGC zone. 893whatthe.gif

I just knew it would be "drunken sailor" bidding at its worst, and although I wouldn't have minded picking up some VF and VF/NM copies, I wasn't about to be paying Guide multiples.

Be prepared to see a lot of his stuff up again. I guess my shill bidding theory was close, I just received a second chance offer on all the stuff that guy outbid me on. But at those pries, I think i'll wait for the re-lists!

Well I can scan.....some of my wins and grade advertised.....

Fantastic Voyage #1 NM-

There are multiple color and non color breaking creases along the spine of the FV#1. It is not near a NM-. I'm going to keep it as it is better (not by much though) than the copy I was hoping to upgrade.

fv1.jpg

Marvel Triple Action #1-8 (5 in total) VF/NM avg

Not as bad...... #1 is a little more ragged than I expected. The back has multiple small spine creases.

mta1.jpg

mta2.jpg

mta6.jpg

My take? It's a typical eBay auction and overgrading was a factor. I'm pretty lucky I got both lots for cheap compared to his other auctions so I'm not necessarily unhappy. Mildly disappointed would be a better term.

I expect a number of PO'd customers........

Jim

I just gone another book from him a Thor 204 vf- that would be VF in my book.. I thought we practicing safe bidding (downgrading stated raw grade by 2 full points and bidding accordingly)? confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe you're too loose with your grading & Bonds is too conservative? confused-smiley-013.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif you may have a point - everyone knows I'm not as keen on the Bronze and earlier books and I may have to admit I'm a bit lost outside the 9.0 - 10.0 range confused-smiley-013.gif

I thought we practicing safe bidding (downgrading stated raw grade by 2 full points and bidding accordingly)? confused-smiley-013.gif

Exactly-- believe your eyes (to the extent you can see the book from the digital photo), not the stated grade. We've already discussed my Batman 238 Super-Spectacular win, and it arrived yesterday. Not a FN+, but no surprises based on the auction picture. It's a harder-than-average-to-find book in anything better than reader-copy. Paid Overstreet VG+ price, and happy to get this particular book for that price.

Now... what kind of feedback to leave? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif As I say, I'm happy with the book's condition-for-the-price. I'm not gonna neutral the guy for a book I have no intention of shipping back. Something like: Praise: "Book's condition accurately shown in auction photo--No surprises. Lightning-fast ship!"

In retrospect, I should have called the seller's attention to the book's condition before the auction closed. Someone else here did that, and the seller revised downward the stated grade in his auction text. Doing so might have successfully scared off the under-bidder! thumbsup2.gif

i got my 28 books yesterday - i thought 16 were accurate, 6 were within a step and 6 weren't close. unfortunately they were the 6 that drove me there! the Super DC giant 19 NM was F, debbi's dates NM 1 had a 6" crease (yes, 6"). the creeper and anthro 1 NMs were dead on, surprisingly as the creeper's got that black as hell cover. the CHILI 1 came as 9.0, maybe 9.2 if ya squint!

i sent a refund request for the 6 that weren't close but haven't heard back yet, although i did receive a fairly large stack of 2nd chance offers - including the showcase 81 at $105. got no faith, so although this is one of 2 showcase books i need to complete my NM 50-104 run i will pass, especially at multiples of guide.

drunken sailor duly chastised.

I got 5 books

Action 402

Superman 219, 228

World's Finest 193, 207

Of the 5, the Action was off, the other 4 were ok.

I am gonna keep the Action because it's not worth the hassle. Overall, I am ok with what I got. His shipping was blazingly fast. His packing was great. He already left me feedback, so overall I thought it was a ok deal.

I recently bought a FANTASTIC FOUR # 69 from him that was advertised as VF+. This was not the case upon receipt of the item. I emailed him and discussed the situation with him and he let me decide what was fair. So I told him what the real grade was and he DID refund me the difference immediately without question.

I would like to ask the Forum Members: What kind of feedback, if any, should I leave for this eBayer? Any responses would be most appreciated. hi.gif

Ditto here. He refunded half of my money, and I'm not sure what feedback to leave. The only reason I bought the books is because I wanted high grade books, so I'm pissed off that they were so severly overgraded, but he did ship fast and refund my money. I'm afraid if I leave a neutral I'll get negged. confused-smiley-013.gif