• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebay seller "TYBEANSTY" anybody dealt with him before?

229 posts in this topic

Hello Bonds25

I am with you here! I responded to this thread just out of curiosity to see how the other Forum Members would handle this. Notice that the Seller of topic( Tybeansty) never leaves feedback first for the Buyers - but I am also aware of how the feedback can turn ugly and unfair as a Seller. I am in the quandry of not wanting to post first and have him retaliate against me( the usual ritual and expected behavior here in cyberspace) but like several others, I want the other comic hobbyists to know firsthand before they bid this guy's comics. Hopefully some of the more reasonable Forum Members will contribute. hi.gif

I'm amazed at all the positive feedbacks he has. There are at least 5 buyers on this board alone who received overgraded books, but not one single buyer (until me) gave him a neutral or negative. makepoint.gif

because my feedback is based on the transaction and he handled mine like a champ. Bottom line- I was happy with the product for the prices I won them at. For as often as you bid, you should have known better that you WOULD NOT be getting NM books from that Age from an unestablished dealer?

For as often as you bid, you should have known better that you WOULD NOT be getting NM books from that Age from an unestablished dealer?

And that would be a reason to leave a positive?

Because people should know better?

confused-smiley-013.gif

You amaze me sometimes Darth. I bid on a NM- comic, and got a comic in FN condition, and I should give the guy positive feedback because he refunded half my money???

If the comic was a VF+ or VF/NM that's one thing, but he obviously never looked at the book or he wouldn't have graded it a NM-.

I look at it this way.

If I were to buy something from a company and have it not work. Then return it and get my money back. I wouldn't go report them to the BBB.

Similar to this, just because I didn't agree with the grading I'm not vain enough to think that it's impossible for someone to be off 1/2 grade from me. Obviously there is a window of error. If he calls it a MT, and what you receive is a G+. It might be time to leave a neg or neutral. For this isntance. I'd leave a postive, but I'd include that I disagreed with the original grading and the seller refunded my money.

Brian

You amaze me sometimes Darth. I bid on a NM- comic, and got a comic in FN condition, and I should give the guy positive feedback because he refunded half my money???

If the comic was a VF+ or VF/NM that's one thing, but he obviously never looked at the book or he wouldn't have graded it a NM-.

He did make you whole on the transaction. you had the option to rturn the book and yet you kept it at a lower price.To give him a neg would be unfair.A neutral would seem in order, though that would result in you getting negged,most likely.

How's this-Positive-"Seller happily gave partial refund for overgraded book,nice packing and good communicaton."

This will warn anyone who does their due dilegence. thumbsup2.gif

Actually, it won't warn anyone. If someone had 1,000 positive, and no negatives or neutrals, would you sit there and read each positive to find out that 20% said "Books were severely overgraded, but seller refunded my money". ??

Probably not. The only feedbacks that stand out are neutral or negatives. I left this seller a neutral based on the fact that the transaction itself was positive, but the book itself was negative. Therefore a neutral overall. If he wants to neg me, that's fine since I still haven't left him feedback for the other book I bought.

Perhaps I'm alone in this but I always read a sellers feedback before a major purchase.I want to see if his feedback is from buying(almost completely discounted) or selling non-comic items(somewhat discounted) I want to see if any negatives he has were from sellers he negged.Then I read the positives to see how his shipping and delivery was.I'll even look at the person who left bad feedbacks records to see if it a pattern.Sure,it takes a few minutes but it saves dollars.I may raise or lower my bid based on this information.

I recently bought a great JLA from someone wth less than steller feedback when I saw that many negs were from sellers whom he had negged for overgrading.A lot of people must have passed on the auction because of his low feedback pecentage.This is what I refer to as due dilegence.Going beyond the initial information ebay gives everyone.

Without a doubt. If I'm buy rawing from someone. I'll read at least 2 pages of feedback. If most of those don't have anything about the seller's grading, then I'll keep going until I find more. It takes a little bit of time, but it's better to be smart with your money.

Brian

It's smart to do this. However, go read all of Tybeansty's feedback, and tell me you wouldn't buy books from him. We've had 4 people on this board alone say they got books that were way overgraded, but maybe 1/30 of his feedback mentions it.

For as often as you bid, you should have known better that you WOULD NOT be getting NM books from that Age from an unestablished dealer?

And that would be a reason to leave a positive?

Because people should know better?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Reason to leave a positive - guy shipped fast and once Bonds apprised him of the overgrading was willing to refund rightaway; even did partial refund based on Bonds keeping the books and on what Bonds thought was fair price. If I was the seller I'd be expecting a positive. You can only do so much to make up for your screw up

Yes. He would have given you your money back entirely if you returned it.

Maybe so, but didn't he have a big enough pic for you to judge for yourself? couldn't you have asked for a better scan if not? This seller seems accommodating enough from what you wrote and from my personal experience with him and I didnot get overgraded books to the same degree like you did. I even got an undergraded beauty...so no I don't feel the same way.

I only threw in the comment that since you bid so much, YOU really should know better WHEN YOU TAKE CHANCES AND BID HEAVY. If you felt you got overgraded crepe then go ahead and leave your neg and don't buy from him ever again. I was just saying what I would do based on your tale of woe. I'm not recommending the seller - I'll be glad to keep winning some of the stuff at lower prices with less of you guys bidding on his stuff wink.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

But the whole point is that the transaction wasn't a total positive. His service/emails/refunding of money was positive, but his overgrading of the book and not looking at the book was a huge negative. Negative + positive = neutral.

Do you think I was not justified in leaving a neutral?