• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx #3 Black - Research
4 4

462 posts in this topic

Now that theres movie hype, you can expect a lot more probably. 

The hilarious thing about this is that it seems, at least here, there are maybe a handful of Maxx and Sam Kieth fans.

I know I enjoyed the series myself, I am a huge image and dark horse fan, but I'm not so sure it will garner main stream appeal, especially The Maxx. That is possibly one of the most convoluted stories put out in comics. Which is why independents are so much fun

55 minutes ago, Crispin said:

For anyone interested, I have copies of all except the blacks after today. I am really surprised by the attention theses are getting. Is it because of the movie prospect or is there some other reason I'm not seeing?

It seems to wax and wane over the years.  Hard for me to say if the movie prospect has anything to do with it.  But from my experience, if one of the rarer books pops up on ebay, especially a black, *and sells*, others suddenly become available.  My guess is that the folks holding on to them see what someone is willing to pay for it and it loosens their grip.  I'd even venture to say that the grip loosens more if there's actual bidding and not a BIN, because that means there's another potential buyer out there. 

But that's merely my guess.  These books are so stinkin' rare, it's hard to say for sure. 

All I know is that they are too rich for my blood. Looking into the history, the reds and blues are way out of proportion. Seems the yellows are seen much more infrequently and price seems to reflect that. 

With that being said, I wouldnt mind picking up all 3 reds, if 80 bucks is reasonable 

5 hours ago, IkewithMike said:

All I know is that they are too rich for my blood. Looking into the history, the reds and blues are way out of proportion. Seems the yellows are seen much more infrequently and price seems to reflect that. 

With that being said, I wouldnt mind picking up all 3 reds, if 80 bucks is reasonable 

I’ll tell ya, for all the attention the blacks and yellows get, there haven’t been a whole lot of sightings of the #2 red.  I listed a CGC 7.0 in a no reserve eBay auction and it went for $260 last year. 

maybe RMA can chime in with a little GPA data. ?? 

Edited by baslug

13 hours ago, baslug said:

I’ll tell ya, for all the attention the blacks and yellows get, there haven’t been a whole lot of sightings of the #2 red.  I listed a CGC 7.0 in a no reserve eBay auction and it went for $260 last year. 

maybe RMA can chime in with a little GPA data. ?? 

Ha! $260? That seems ridiculously cheap. That was the last one I needed for years! 

1 minute ago, Crispin said:

Ha! $260? That seems ridiculously cheap. That was the last one I needed for years! 

Cheap? Blue and reds were moving at the 30-50 dollar range in 2011.

Better off asking ibeforej and haydento what they paid

A bit off topic as its not a true ashcan, but has anyone found confirmed information on Maxx #2 mini comic Platinum edition? I've read that there were 15 made, also that there were 25 made. I have no idea if either of those are true.

31 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:

Seriously? What a fount of information you are

Not sure of your reason for the comment. Red #2 has not been an easy one to find as mentioned by Baslug previously. One just popped up on ebay for $400 but pictures offer no idea of condition. Red #2, Yellow #3, Black #3, all seem hard to acquire out of the bunch.