• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx #3 Black - Research
4 4

462 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, IkewithMike said:

I'm trying to determine if there are two copies of this error....

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/315069-maxx-appreciation-thread/?do=findComment&comment=10522794

First post of this book showed up Jan 19

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/453004-the-maxx-12-mislabeled/?do=findComment&comment=10735432

Graded copy shows up June 19

2063315025 9.4 MrDumpling

2039724012 9.2 Airmomo

So there are definitely two copies. Pretty cool. Imagining there are probably more out there

Makes me wonder if there was a reason these didn't get a header put on, like someone noticed they were already damaged and decided not to put the header on.

I've got 100 or so that I bought from Wizard in 2007. I wonder if there are any in there....

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I've got 100 or so that I bought from Wizard in 2007. I wonder if there are any in there....

lol Might be worth your time to finally go box diving soon :baiting:

On 2/18/2020 at 9:44 PM, Crispin said:

For anyone interested, I have copies of all except the blacks after today. I am really surprised by the attention theses are getting. Is it because of the movie prospect or is there some other reason I'm not seeing?

I'm looking for the yellow #3 if you still have it.

On 11/25/2020 at 7:42 PM, ibeforej1 said:

Was shocked to see a full set up here for sale!

FWIW, that was listed 3 years ago and I bought it Dec 2019 in order to obtain the #3 black and complete my set.  I've since sold most of the doubles and completely made up what I paid for the set.  

3 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Either somewhere in this thread or the Maxx appreciation thread, there’s a picture of the 1/2 issue with “silver” foil but I think it was determined to be a printing error where the regular colored foil wasn’t applied.

Or maybe I’m remembering it wrong. It was either that or there was no Maxx title added at all. Someone with a better memory than me chime in.

14 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Or maybe I’m remembering it wrong. It was either that or there was no Maxx title added at all. Someone with a better memory than me chime in.

Been through all the related threads and never found such a picture 

2 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Ok, it was a copy with no foil title at all.

There are actually two of these that have been graded now.

Until RMA checks his boxes and pulls out a dozen

On 1/24/2021 at 12:37 PM, IkewithMike said:

Were

I'm curious to learn more about the silver wizard 1/2 and the newsstand Darker Image

2 hours ago, IkewithMike said:

Been through all the related threads and never found such a picture 

+1

To all of this. Other than the mentioned known tests and the already mentioned known error20210126_155753.jpg.497349cf9e10fec1df6478929a1519c1.jpg

The census had 1 silver foil listed .20210126_155707.jpg.0e5878f70debe68cf3fce8b6379860ae.jpg

But as many have already stated there has not been one picture show up.  Even several board members questioned CGC about this to no avail as there was again no image surface from anyone. The general consensus was that this was an error either through the foil or CGC mistaken/ mislabeled. 

1 hour ago, chizuko said:

Right up my alley. RMA, I had a #3 in my hands last month in a trade deal that fell through. Low grade copy with smeared sig. It was the first time I have ever seen one as well.

What number 

4 hours ago, chizuko said:

Right up my alley. RMA, I had a #3 in my hands last month in a trade deal that fell through. Low grade copy with smeared sig. It was the first time I have ever seen one as well.

That’s weird, because

On 6/6/2009 at 8:39 AM, Guest Grails said:

There are more than 50 black ashcans for #1 but I can't verify that with #'s 2 or 3.